Need help with extended range temp/humidity sensor

Hi Pete,
I think we have both been typing at the same time. So messages are a bit out of sync. We are both on the same page. I have both the OnQ and Hai versions of PC access as I ran into an issue (a long time ago) where I needed the OnQ version to access a panel. You may be right that the HAI version can access anything now.

Pete,
Just out of curiosity, I fired up my copy of OnQ Installer PC Access and clicked check for updates. It found them and gave me a screen with 2 choices - upgrade to OnQ version 2.16a or upgrade to HAI PC Access 3. If you select HAI PC Access 3, you get a message that says This version of PC Access can only be used with HAI controllers. If you have an OnQ controller, you must upgrade the controller with HAI firmware. So, some of the HAI web server is still alive. This is a file from years ago so the latest version of PC Access is a different animal.
Don

Here have earlier version of PC access that I used with first chipped 2.xx OP2 board except that it only works with original purchased license key which changed when I upgraded PCA. Will install it on the old W2003 and see if it works.

Typing on my tablet ...

I know now how to replicate installation...very primitve licensing methodoloy.

I just tried PC Access on a HMS 950e / Omni2e version 2.15a that I have.
I can connect to the network with OnQ PC Access and configure,upload, download just fine. Setting time fails same old 2022 bug in code.
I tried with HAI PC Access. First problem, could not choose any HMS model number so I tried Omni2e. When I tried to connect, I got Controller model does not match file. The it asked if it was a flash controller, did I want to try to force upgrade it....
Don

I looked at my archives and have PCA1105W26.exe (V2.6.06) dated 18th of June 2004. Do you have a license for this version? The license changed with PCA 3.0.

So the PC Access you tried is for OnQ boards?

And can you connect serially to the HMS 950e panel you have?

As long as it reads the configuration serially then I think the firmware will not matter with the old PCA.

BTW here saved PCa versions and updates to versions...they were always there but difficult to find...

Getting class not registered trying to install on Windows 2003 32 bit which would be the same as Windows XP.

I will try with Windows 98 maybe??

Last edited:
I looked at my archives and have PCA1105W26.exe dated 18th of June 2004. Do you have a license for this version? The license changed with PCA 3.0.

So the PC Access you tried is for OnQ boards?

And can you connect serially to the HMS 950e panel you have?

As long as it reads the configuration serially then I think the firmware will not matter with the old PCA.
Yes, I have a version of PC Access (2.16a) that was sold through OnQ. When you go to File - new - The options are all HMS models. When you go to set up serial ports it gives you an option for HMS-Link instead of Omni-Link protocol.... The file name is PCAHMSIW - I assume PC Access for HMS systems Installer Windows.... OnQ part number 363446-01.
I also have the End User version - PCAHMSW - OnQ part number 363446-02.
I have to hunt but I have an old copy of PC Access on floppy with a serial number license.
Don

I found my copy...I was trying to install just the exe file. I originally purchased the CD Rom. I was able to install it.

I can zip up the cdrom and post it for you. You need the old serial number for it though.

I cannot connect PCA right now with the serial port. I have done this before. It should work.

Its been a very long time. I did have first gen version of the OP2 panel and left it in the house number 2 that was sold.

I found version 2.3 of 1105W from 2002. I installed that. It doesn't even have an option for serial connection just modem.... The client I used the OnQ software for originally was remote and I used the modem connection.
Yes, I can't connect to the OnQ versions with the com port either even with OnQ software. It works fine with the network port.
But when I try a serial connection with OnQ 2.16a, the leds never flash on the serial port. If I try the exact same setup with HAI version 3, the serial port leds flash and I get model does not match set up.
I'm willing to bet any 4 digit number will work for the license serial number.
Don

Yes, the wording is not as clear as it could be. You do have the config saved away from your newer PC Access?
It should be Upload to PC. to bring your current running config into PC Access. To be safe, why not disconnect the serial cable then choose upload to PC, see if the next screen lets you select what to upload and if so just select event log. The event log option won't be there if you are trying to send a config to the HAI.
Don

You do have the config saved away from your newer PC Access?

Yes. I have to copy it over from a W2016 server running new PCA. I will try that. I could not get the upload to work ..just timed out.

So tried a new PCA file and an PCA export...both did not work with file type unknown.

Interesting as the old Homeseer serial plugin connects fine and downloads the configuration from the panel just fine connecting at 9600 and using the master code.

I was able to connect via the network connection. Now downloading the configuration then will try again via the serial link.

Just downloaded the configuration. Worked. I can see status and my thermostat et al...

Serial link just times out...will try to reset the serial port ...will get back later on......

Last edited:
Maybe the easiest way here is that the

1 - OP create screen shots of the current alarm configuration
2 - power off board
3 - install upgrade HAI chips
4 - reconfigure board with printed out screen shots

Pete,
No argument from me.
I would add since he has the software, He could use the export function to let us see his current config. This would also serve as a help to manually configure the system once the HAI chips go in.
Don

Back