need help with UPB 3-way switch wiring

Thanks Dave. For now, the remote switches are disconnected (only the master is connected), and I just put a blank plate over them. I did think about the ability to use those locations for other remote "virtual slaves", but they aren't in the best locations (not convenient).

For now, I'm leaning towards just leaving the blank plate there, and knowing I have future flexibility if needed.

Thanks!

Update: I went ahead and added the slave switches. Bugged me knowing it was there and not being used :lol: . My wife admitted afterwards that now that she knows it's there, she'll use it more. Thanks for your help.

BTW, wiring a 4 way is a PITA, but I took my time, figured out what each wire was for, drew out where each wire needed to go, and it wasn't too bad (got it right the first time!) Secret for figuring out the routing of the traveler wires... 9 volt battery on one end, and voltmeter on the other (keep working until you find which wires go where). Of course, turn off your 110VAC first (after determining which is the line wire) to avoid shocks!

Back