New Insteon Access Point

Smarty

Have you guys seen this??

Access Point Link

I kinda thought I bought these already (the SingnalLinc's). I sure DO NOT want that UGLY remote for that price. How about no remote and just a SWAP??

They offer refurbished access points already? That's quick, isn't it? Looks like they are out of stock right now anyways, so not sure if you will get your replacements anytime soon. But at least, they offer an upgrade path, not many companies would even consider this.

Yeah, I am excited that this may lead to all the "other" Insteon products we have heard about/hoped for, so I am not complaining too much ;) , .....and yeah, the fact that they offered an upgreade path is indeed worth something.

I would be curious to hear the "rest of the story"......as to why they had to move away from SignalLinc's and goto the 900MHz AccessPoints..... As others have conjectured, possible legal issues???? I sure hope their path forward is now clear to get other RF Insteon devices to the market.

P.S. to SmartHome
That remote is still butt ugly :p , but if it leads to other RF devices....

The fact that the new RemoteLinc REQUIRES a new AccessPoint sure shoots holes in the SH claim that Insteon has been dual-mesh PLC & wireless all along. Yes, it has been capable of being dual mesh, but it took two years to see the light of day.

Is the RemoteLink at 900 Mhz a different band than the old Signalinc used at 904 Mhz? Or is that just marketing rounding 904 to 900?

i am curious about how these new access points compare to the signalincs in performance - i have 4 signalincs and still have an unusable insteon network - hoping these can salvage my mistake

What a great deal. 2 Refurbed Accesslincs for $59.00 and I have to send them my old signallincs. NOT!!!!! They have the nerve to sell refurbed units for $5.00 less than new ones and I have to give them my old ones. How is this a savings. The only one making out on this deal is Smarthome. Heck, They should upgrade the Signallincs for free, as they were not what they were supposed to be to begin with.

What a great deal. 2 Refurbed Accesslincs for $59.00 and I have to send them my old signallincs. NOT!!!!! They have the nerve to sell refurbed units for $5.00 less than new ones and I have to give them my old ones. How is this a savings. The only one making out on this deal is Smarthome. Heck, They should upgrade the Signallincs for free, as they were not what they were supposed to be to begin with.

They basically are giving them to you for free, since you're getting the RemoteLinc as part of that deal. So, you spend $60 and net a RemoteLinc.

It's not IDEAL, but to be honest we're lucky they're giving us that deal. There was never any guarantee that the SignalLincs would work with future RF remote controls.

I for one am going to jump on this. I'm not crazy about the remote, but it definitely doesn't look as horrible to me as it does to some people. I can't wait for future models and hopefully a keychain remote.

Yeah, they're giving you the RemoteLinc for free because no one in their right mind would buy one of those ugly thnigs!

I have learned my lesson with Smarthome. I will never buy a first run release device anymore. I got burned by the new Socketlinc that doesn't even follow their PDF Full Manuals description on how it should act. Turns Full ON after a power loss. Manual said remembers last state before power loss. ;)

i am curious about how these new access points compare to the signalincs in performance - i have 4 signalincs and still have an unusable insteon network - hoping these can salvage my mistake

I too have 4 signalincs, so I guess, based on their instructions, we should all try to work out a swap meet of sorts...

How To Upgrade:

Purchase TWO refurbished Access Points - $59.99

Return your used SignaLincs with the trade-up form (available in the AccessPoint box) and a copy of your invoice to Smarthome

Receive your FREE RemoteLinc (valued at $49.99).

*Please allow 2 weeks for delivery. Customer is responsible for return postage and shipping costs. Smarthome is not be responsible for units lost in the mail.

Please Note: (1) RemoteLinc will be sent to each return address per pair of (2) SignaLincs RF's returned. (1) additional SignaLinc RF may be returned for an additional AccessPoint.

Based on the instructions, I can return 3 of my 4 signalincs for 3 access points and a remotelinc--total cost to me: $10...that leaves me with a basically useless 4th signalinc that someone else can use to upgrade from 2 to 3 access points...

I am sure I am not alone.

Thoughts?

I too have 4 signalincs, so I guess, based on their instructions, we should all try to work out a swap meet of sorts...

How To Upgrade:

Purchase TWO refurbished Access Points - $59.99

Return your used SignaLincs with the trade-up form (available in the AccessPoint box) and a copy of your invoice to Smarthome

Receive your FREE RemoteLinc (valued at $49.99).

*Please allow 2 weeks for delivery. Customer is responsible for return postage and shipping costs. Smarthome is not be responsible for units lost in the mail.

Please Note: (1) RemoteLinc will be sent to each return address per pair of (2) SignaLincs RF's returned. (1) additional SignaLinc RF may be returned for an additional AccessPoint.

Based on the instructions, I can return 3 of my 4 signalincs for 3 access points and a remotelinc--total cost to me: $10...that leaves me with a basically useless 4th signalinc that someone else can use to upgrade from 2 to 3 access points...

I am sure I am not alone.

Thoughts?

Same boat............. different port. I will have a paperweight though.

I apologize, I did not see the FREE RemoteLinc part of the purchase. I guess it is not such a bad deal, my bad. ;) :p

Back