Now Playing 2007 Girder5 Alpha Testing

Wow I need to take some time to update this showcase. For now please take time to look over this thread.

John

John,

Thanks for linking me to this thread. For whatever reason I missed this one. This is really amazing work! Do you have your new skin available for download? I'm going to start purchasing the software come next payday so I can start looking into this.

I can't believe how much controllability you have over everything. It looks super clean, and sounds very stable.

Oh, how did you get Girder 5? Is it out yet? Proximis' web site just sells Girder 4...are you a beta tester?

Now I'm going to go back and read this thread 50 more times :rolleyes:

John,

Thanks for linking me to this thread. For whatever reason I missed this one. This is really amazing work! Do you have your new skin available for download? I'm going to start purchasing the software come next payday so I can start looking into this.

I can't believe how much controllability you have over everything. It looks super clean, and sounds very stable.

Oh, how did you get Girder 5? Is it out yet? Proximis' web site just sells Girder 4...are you a beta tester?

Now I'm going to go back and read this thread 50 more times :rolleyes:

Girder 5 is available for download as beta. http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15194

Also my new skin is not available for download because its highly customized for my setup and its not complete. I would suggest that you look at the Flatstyle Music and DM CCF as its what I based much of my migration off of. Much of it can be used and just change the graphics to your liking.

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15757

It should come with the latest NR 2 beta release.

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17302

John

Well things have been busy here lately. My back is getting better and I spend time each day to do my daily hour walk. I will hopefully get back into my project after the first of the year. I am looking to re-skin Now Playing to 1024X768 for my new touch screen.

As of now I have no plans to distribute my skin as its highly tailored to my setup and is not as generic as Now Playing 2005 was when it was Homeseer based. Much of the JRMC parts are taken from the Flat File CCF.

I will be happy to try and help others time permitting.

John

Attachments

• Now_Playing_2007.jpg
    Now_Playing_2007.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 27
Well I have purchased an Ocelot, SECU-16IR, SECU-16 and a SECU-16I so I now have lots of I/O to play with.

The first thing I added using my Ocelot was a phone hook status circuit that reports to Girder through a Ocelot SECU-16 input via an optocoupler. With this I can have a LED on the Now Playing showing if someone is using the phone. I also use it to un-pause all active zones when the phone gets hung up.

One thing to note was that after using it for a day in the practical world I had to make some adjustments. I had forgot about call waiting so when I hit the hook to flash and goto the other call the music un-paused. HAHAHA

So I wrote a little timer routine that un-paused after the phone is hung for 5 seconds. The time gets killed when the phone is picked up so it will only unpause if the phone stays on the hook. Works great now.

I will do a HOW TO when I get the hardware built into the project box which is on order.

John

Attachments

• phone_hook_status.jpg
    phone_hook_status.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 27
Yes when you click on each of the light bulbs it then selects that for the control to the right. Actually I thought NR was the easier of the two myself. Lots of basic functions can be cut and pasted then reskinned quickly.

John

Hi John.

Interested in what you system comprises that you are controlling via Girder5...is it M1? What UI are U using? Nice to see you have a system working they way you want.

Regards,

Fleetz

Yes when you click on each of the light bulbs it then selects that for the control to the right. Actually I thought NR was the easier of the two myself. Lots of basic functions can be cut and pasted then reskinned quickly.

John

Hi John.

Interested in what you system comprises that you are controlling via Girder5...is it M1? What UI are U using? Nice to see you have a system working they way you want.

Regards,

Fleetz

My system uses a custom skin designed by myself using Netremote that is the GUI frontend that controls Girder 5 and JRMC audio datatbase/player. Hardware wise is also controls a Slink-e interface for IR (which will soon taken offline) as well as the new Ocelot that has a SECU-16IR, SECU-16I and a SECU16 attached to it. For lighting I am using a Powerlinc USB interface and its controlled via Girder. I also have a W800 that Girder uses for my wireless X10 equipment like the DS10a's and motion detectors. Girder 5 has become the heart of my home automation system and has replaced Homeseer 2. I use a NetcallerID box to get CID information for my phone log as well as TTS announcements (I am still using the Paul voice). Girder has been extremely stable and very efficient.

I am gathering parts to complete a Elk M1EZ system that was donated to me so I will be hooking that up to my Girder 5 system as well. There is a new Elk driver for Girder that is almost complete which is very robust. I look forward to adding the security panel to Now Playing.

I really need to update my Showcase when I am done changing the system around over the next couple months.

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16567

John

John

Hi John.

Regards,

Fleetz

My system uses a custom skin designed by myself using Netremote that is the GUI frontend that controls Girder 5 and JRMC audio datatbase/player. Hardware wise is also controls a Slink-e interface for IR (which will soon taken offline) as well as the new Ocelot that has a SECU-16IR, SECU-16I and a SECU16 attached to it. For lighting I am using a Powerlinc USB interface and its controlled via Girder. I also have a W800 that Girder uses for my wireless X10 equipment like the DS10a's and motion detectors. Girder 5 has become the heart of my home automation system and has replaced Homeseer 2. I use a NetcallerID box to get CID information for my phone log as well as TTS announcements (I am still using the Paul voice). Girder has been extremely stable and very efficient.

I am gathering parts to complete a Elk M1EZ system that was donated to me so I will be hooking that up to my Girder 5 system as well. There is a new Elk driver for Girder that is almost complete which is very robust. I look forward to adding the security panel to Now Playing.

I really need to update my Showcase when I am done changing the system around over the next couple months.

http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16567

John

Thanks John .....looks like a nice tight system!

Well I have been very busy working on my hardware side of Now Playing. I rebuilt the entire setup of receivers and PC's into a new heavy duty rack and have now gone to 6 audio zones for a total of 1540 watts RMS. I also have switched everything over to the Ocelot for IR control and the Slink-e is offline and I will I selling it and the DB-25 expander box for IR zones 3-8.

I am taking a week off to spend with my daughters who are both in town while my wife is off for mid winter break. I hope to get back to building my opto-coupler interface box for the SECU-16I interface to add hardware based power status for the 6 receivers as well as a hardwired line for the dryer finish status, phone hook status and finally a washing machine cycle complete TTS alert using the SECU-16I.

One other project I was working on last week for a friend is a RPM tach circuit for the analog input on the SECU-16 input for a couple of 120mm fans. Its working out well. The Ocelot will be turning on and off the fans based on temperatures from a couple LM34's as it also monitors the actual RPM of each fan.

As soon as I get all the new hardware finished I want to get back into redoing my skin.

My showcase is so out of date now.. hahaha

John

Back