Nuvo Music Port MPS4

I rebooted the MPS4 several times, and now the MPS4 is empty of music files.  

Time to re-add music files, slowly over time.

I could swear there was a button/function to 'scan for new music', after adding a music file to a networked PC (or, in my case, NAS).  Anyone know where to find it?

Edit - it wasn't the rebooting that removed the files from the NAS.  I had Music Port Sync running, pointing to a shared NAS folder.  I removed that folder from the Sync Tool, and the files were removed.  I can find no documentation from Nuvo on how to configure the NAS utility (option under Content tab of browser config).  I will call Nuvo TS next week.

How did this end up?  Did you talk to their TS?
Neurorad said:
I rebooted the MPS4 several times, and now the MPS4 is empty of music files.  

Time to re-add music files, slowly over time.

I could swear there was a button/function to 'scan for new music', after adding a music file to a networked PC (or, in my case, NAS).  Anyone know where to find it?

Edit - it wasn't the rebooting that removed the files from the NAS.  I had Music Port Sync running, pointing to a shared NAS folder.  I removed that folder from the Sync Tool, and the files were removed.  I can find no documentation from Nuvo on how to configure the NAS utility (option under Content tab of browser config).  I will call Nuvo TS next week.

Hit by lightning

For the second time in 5 years or so.  The MPS4 was hit, as well as the main amplifier (and I guess possibly the expander I8GX).

The question is-  should I spend the extra money for the MPS4-E (Elite)?  Best I can tell, the Elite adds ability to address network drives, "cloud sync" (not sure what they mean with that), and "IP control modules" (CQC is already talking to my Nuvo w serial rs-232, and Nuvo's app already talks to my MPS4 via IP).

Any Elite owners appreciating the extra features?

I spoke with TS, they didnt help much. I searched in the Synology forum, and found a Synology config solution - some check box to allow/disallow a Wi dows service. I can dig to find specifics, if you need it.

I only added my NAS as a source after upgrading to the Elite. I don't know the feasibility of using an NAS, with the base MPS4.

I upgraded a few years ago as I thought my music library would be too large for the base MPS4. It's not, even with lossless flac.

Sorry about your lightning. Any surge protection fail?

Whole house SPD?

Brain fart - if you add the NAS to Windows as a shared drive, you can use the Nuvo Client utility to point the MPS4 to that drive.

With the elite, you can point the MPS4E to the NAS directly. I didn't notice a difference using either one, functionally.

I heard the MPS4 is being discontinued by Nuvo.

And, SnapAV bought Autonomic Controls.

I wonder what the best replacement system will be, when my GC + MPS4 die.  I'm thinking Russound.

Neurorad said:

I wonder what the best replacement system will be, when my GC + MPS4 die.  I'm thinking Russound.
Do you have a link to the discontinuance?

I am taking my MPS4 out of service. Works great. PM me if interested.

Joe

Neurorad said:

Hate to hear that.  I'd also like to see a link to the news.  Legrand owns Nuvo now, I think.

We all have cat5e wired to our keypad locations and speaker wire to our speakers, so I assume there are multiple other options.  We'll just have to throw money at the problem.

I am on my 3rd MPS4 (two separate friggin lightning strikes).  The thing works great for me and the wife.  I was hoping it would stick around.

AceCannon said:
Hate to hear that.  I'd also like to see a link to the news.  Legrand owns Nuvo now, I think.

We all have cat5e wired to our keypad locations and speaker wire to our speakers, so I assume there are multiple other options.  We'll just have to throw money at the problem.

I am on my 3rd MPS4 (two separate friggin lightning strikes).  The thing works great for me and the wife.  I was hoping it would stick around.
Do you have a whole-house surge protection device?  Two ground rods, maybe (surge travels from one to the other)?  Electric pet fence?  Satellite dish on a mast in the yard?  Irrigation system?  Or just lucky?

First step, ask the electrician what whole-house SPD he usually installs.  I use this, Eaton SPD Ultra '3PACK', includes an SPD for power, POTS, and coax:

549229-ProductImageURL.jpg

http://www.cesco.com/b2c/product/Eaton-Cutler-Hammer-CHSPT23PACK-Total-Home-Surge/549229

Can someone explain how the Sync software for the MPS4V2 works? I've set it up on my Mac that contains my itunes and it's set to sync to the MPS4V2. It syncs fine. I can drop new songs into the "Automatically added to iTunes" file and within 5 minutes they show up in my Nuvo system. However, the songs do not appear to be moved on to the MPS4V2. It seems the MPS4V2 just reads the songs from the Mac machine without moving them. 

Is this correct?

Thx

charliebarns said:
Can someone explain how the Sync software for the MPS4V2 works? I've set it up on my Mac that contains my itunes and it's set to sync to the MPS4V2. It syncs fine. I can drop new songs into the "Automatically added to iTunes" file and within 5 minutes they show up in my Nuvo system. However, the songs do not appear to be moved on to the MPS4V2. It seems the MPS4V2 just reads the songs from the Mac machine without moving them. 

Is this correct?

Thx

Hmm, I have V1 and it moves the files. Maybe there is a setting for V2?

Joe

thanks for the response Joe. There appears to be no setting to have the sync software copy the music to the drive in the MPS4V2. My guess is it's creating a link within the MPS4V2 database to the machine that is running the sync software. This isn't really ideal for me as I would like to have the MPS4V2 store all the music, not have symbolic links to music stored on several drives. I've confirmed this with about 20 song now and all songs remain on the sync machine, none are copied to the MPS4V2, yet they show up in the database of the MPS4V2.

CB

charliebarns said:
thanks for the response Joe. There appears to be no setting to have the sync software copy the music to the drive in the MPS4V2. My guess is it's creating a link within the MPS4V2 database to the machine that is running the sync software. This isn't really ideal for me as I would like to have the MPS4V2 store all the music, not have symbolic links to music stored on several drives. I've confirmed this with about 20 song now and all songs remain on the sync machine, none are copied to the MPS4V2, yet they show up in the database of the MPS4V2.

CB

I don't know if this will be relevant or not. I try and keep all of my computers up to date with their operating software. The sync software would not work correctly on any of my MACs or my PCs that had Windows 10 running. I had an older PC that still had Windows 7 on it. When I ran the sync software on that PC it worked correctly.

Joe

Neurorad said:
Music Port Client (GUI) stopped working on my Windows 10 machines, after working fine for months.
I tried to start it last night- did not work for me, either. I get the splash screen, then it tries briefly to connect, then disappears.

Back