Nuvo Music Port MPS4

There is a serial port in the back.
Sounds like a nice solution.  Need some more input though.  I don't think I understand how your solution works.  If I utilize your solution, how do I get the IR codes sent via wifi?  And...since you have 2 (presumably b/c you need for at least 6 zones) how do you link them together to have only 1 serial input for the Concerto?

I just read about the Quantech servers and it seems they do locate the ip address of the inputs and can tell you via it's web interface control.  True?

thanks!

JJ

JJ,

I am not confident that I understand your questions completely.

When you control the Nuvo via the serial port or via ethernet, no IR is involved.

When you have the Nuvo GC and "Expander" (which gives you the additional 8 zones), the main GC has a pass-through serial port that plugs into the Expander.

I don't understand what you are asking about the Quatech serial port server.

New firmware.

I installed new firmware yesterday that added Amazon Cloud Player.  I am a Amazon Prime subscriber, but I cannot get the Nuvo to accept my credentials.

(I am successfully using Pandora and Spotify with this MPS4).

Anyone else?

At the beginning of June, I accessed my Amazon Cloud Drive account for the first time, when I purchased a new phone.  It required intervention from Amazon support.

The reply from Amazon support:  "Note: Your Cloud Drive "Music" folder has been renamed "Archived Music," and includes all music uploaded and stored in the "Music" folder before July 31, 2012."

I don't know if that's something that you can do, or if it requires Amazon intervention.

Haven't tried it on the MPS4 yet.

I've been digging the updated SiriusXM support, with the FW update.

I am not digging the updated SiriusXM support. SiriusXM stations were removed from my Favorites list, and I can't figure out how to add them back.

The SiriusXM menu (on the keypads) seems just too deep now. You have to drill down 4 or 5 levels it seems just to select a station (which makes me miss the favorites list even more).

AceCannon said:
JJ,

I am not confident that I understand your questions completely.

When you control the Nuvo via the serial port or via ethernet, no IR is involved.

When you have the Nuvo GC and "Expander" (which gives you the additional 8 zones), the main GC has a pass-through serial port that plugs into the Expander.

I don't understand what you are asking about the Quatech serial port server.
I get that no IR is involved.  I didn't understand how you convert the wifi command to something the Nuvo understands (via IP, not IR).  Since you mentioned the Quantech, I wanted to understand better how you have that wired, what app/software you use (how do you send commands via wifi and have the Nuvo understand?), etc.  How do you send a signal for each keypad and then other controls (volume, input selector, zone, etc) codes as well?

jjnsgy said:
I get that no IR is involved.  I didn't understand how you convert the wifi command to something the Nuvo understands (via IP, not IR).  Since you mentioned the Quantech, I wanted to understand better how you have that wired, what app/software you use (how do you send commands via wifi and have the Nuvo understand?), etc.  How do you send a signal for each keypad and then other controls (volume, input selector, zone, etc) codes as well?

When using the Nuvo app for iOS, the app does all the work.  So this is one way I control the Nuvo using wifi.

The other way I control the Nuvo is via CQC (which uses a PC and serial ports to control various pieces of hardware, hence the Quatech serial port server).

Hope this helps!

So I see in my config there is a firmware update available.  Anyone know what this update does?  I cannot find anything online that provides a version history.

-ac

For about a week, SXM music has been unlistenable - lots of starts and stops.  Anyone else getting this?

Pandora continues to be the best performing streaming service on my MPS4. I was just appreciating the more 'curated' lists on Spotify.

I would really like to see the provide access to a CD quality service like Tidal or Deezer. I have asked for that capability but I don't think that much development time is going into the product anymore.

Joe

Who else is using an NAS for serving FLAC to the MPS4?

I'm trying to use Synology, with limited success.  Some of my ripped FLAC files aren't recognized by the MPS4.  MP3s, no problem.

Any tips?

How does one remove music files from the MPS4?

Trying to replace MP3s with FLAC versions.

I emptied the folder on the NAS (MPS4 configured to that folder), rebooted the MPS4, and all music files still there, on the MPS4.

Back