Nuvo Music Port MPS4

I've run into an issue with syncing:
I have a GC and MPS4, using the iPad NuVo app as well as the color NuVo touch pad. I use iTunes and a mac mini server with Lion osx and latest version of itunes software.
I switched syncing to a different mac computer (OSX Lion) but now the mps4 mac sync program hangs when it gets to track 1501 and won't sync the rest of the tracks (there are about 8,000 tracks in my iTunes folder, or about 90 gig). At first I thought it was an issue with the mp3 file but I tried deleting the file but it still hangs on a different song at track 1501. Then I tried going back to the original iTunes computer & same thing, it hangs at track 1501.
When I first set it up it synced with all 8,000 tracks & worked really well with the exception of not transferring all of my album artwork.
I've tried restarting the mps4 using the network, but that doesn't seem to fix it
Any ideas?
Thanks

Welcome to CT! Wish I could help.

Now, if you had a tough IAC, CPA, or other H&N case, you could just email it to me. ;)

Any recommendations on where to buy the Nuvo Music Port (MPS4)? Looking to expand my existing Nuvo system. (I bought the orginal Nuvo gear at Automated Outlet but apparently they have stopped selling Nuvo gear.)

Hopefully, someone with firsthand experience will speak up.

I'd get a list of authorized nuvo distributors from nuvo, and call (BY PHONE) for quotes.

I think there are some authorized dealers here on CT that may give you a competitive quote. Bradkas and Programmergeek come to mind, though not certain.

Having a new problem. Music Port Sync tool had a line that said there was a new version available. This is within the program. Clicked it and it uninstalled the music port sync tool and (I presume) resinstalled the new version. I have the sync tool monitoring my itunes library. Now iTunes runs EXTREMELY slow and everytime you close itunes I get the message

"One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface. Are you sure you want to quit?" If you do nothing, all applications using the scripting interface will be automatically disconnected in 20 seconds."

When I close itunes manually or wait automatically, itunes immediately restarts again. If I go to windows services and processes and manually shut down the autonomicsyncapp, it doesn't do it anymore. Something is obviously happening with the monitoring of the itunes library and the sync tool. Very frustrating.

Any suggestions?

I had the same issue too. Personally, I don't need it to sync constantly. So I start up the application and let it sync then I shut the application down. You don't need to do to windows services to do it though. It is in the task bar. Look for the hidden icon.

Joe

My time changed correctly for DST.

Nuvo GC and MPS4.

Check your settings in the web-based config? Perhaps you do not have a valid time server entry?

I spoke too soon. My MPS4 is now not syncing the clock on the GC. I updated the firmware just now. I've reset the MPS4 and the GC. I've unchecked, saved, re-checked, saved the "synchronize NuVo amplifier's clock" checkbox, then re-started the server and GC. So, I resorted to manually setting the clock on one of the GC keypads. Not satisfying.

Is there a way on the nuvo keypad to look at the current playlist? For example when I load a spotify playlist I can choose the song to play. However, I can't seem to find a way back to that playlist screen without having to select radio-spotify-.

All,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question but I want to find a qualified installer for the MPS4 in the Atlanta area. I have the Essentia and have been feeding it sources from an Onkyo receiver but the iPhone-based Onkyo remote is so bad and unreliable that I want to take the plunge and get the Music Port. However the company that installed my Essentia is unqualified in my opinion (home security company) and I don't want to use them again. There are several companies listed on Nuvo's website but am hoping someone on this thread is in Atlanta and can make a recommendation. I have 6 zones and want to be able to control the system and the sources from an iPad/iPhone or Nuvo control pad, which the Music Port appears to allow. Plus my wife is about to blow a gasket because she can't call up a source from the control pads in the house without going through elaborate gyrations with the Onkyo receiver. I'm very technically inclined but not a Windows guy (Mac) so am concerned about being able to do the installation myself since the configuration software requires windows.

I'd get a list of local dealers from Nuvo, look at their web presence, and call a few. Since installation doesn't involve new cables, they can give you a firm quote over the phone (if they're experienced with Nuvo).

You may want to compare prices with JoshFerg, poster above, from Mile High Automation, a CT sponsor.

If anyone is looking for Nuvo, good distributor deals are gone. Nuvo has cracked down on internet sales. SmartHome and Parts Express are selling at reseller prices. I bet they will sell at wholesale prices, though, if you are a professional installer.

I am wondering if anyone else has their MPS4 (e in my case) sync the time over to Nuvo (GC in my case). I have this setting enabled, but the DST time change was never synced over even though the clock on the MPS4 shows the correct time. I tried disabiling and renabling that setting as well as rebooting the MPS4 and the GC. I am running the latest software versions on all the systems. I am just curious if anyone else has run into this, or resolved it before I call TS.

Wayne

So another time change, and it still didn't sync. As before, the time on the MPS4E is correct, but it isn't syncing over to the GC. It seems like others are having the same problem, so what do we do? I called Nuvo supprot last time, and they literally didn't care. It is obviously a bug, and I suspect that this problem happens to a lot of systems. It should be a pretty simple thing...
Any ideas on where to go from here?

Wayne

I don't think I've ever noticed if the time syncs correctly, or not, on my system.

I don't have the time displayed on the keypads. Pretty sure it's a check box option in programming. My KPs are dark when off.

So another time change, and it still didn't sync. As before, the time on the MPS4E is correct, but it isn't syncing over to the GC. It seems like others are having the same problem, so what do we do? I called Nuvo supprot last time, and they literally didn't care. It is obviously a bug, and I suspect that this problem happens to a lot of systems. It should be a pretty simple thing...
Any ideas on where to go from here?

Wayne

My MPS4 sync'd with my GC.

FYI.

If anyone is looking for Nuvo, good distributor deals are gone. Nuvo has cracked down on internet sales. SmartHome and Parts Express are selling at reseller prices. I bet they will sell at wholesale prices, though, if you are a professional installer.

I'm becoming painfully aware of this. AO doesn't sell them anymore. I love my Nuvo system but I'm starting to regret that I bought such a closed system. I'm finally ready to add the MPS4 but any authorized dealers I've contacted either don't even respond or want the same price at SmartHome and PartsExpress... which is a whopping $1000 over what it was originally selling for from AO. It's worth $1600 but not $2600 to me.

I'd probably have gone with Sonos if I did it over again although I'd miss the in-wall controllers.

Try contacting the local dealers. Keep the message short. You want to make it clear the the dealer can make a few bucks, with minimal effort, on his part. No stupid questions. Cut and dry transaction. Cash for hardware.

Back