Nuvo Music Port MPS4

AceCannon said:
I tried to start it last night- did not work for me, either. I get the splash screen, then it tries briefly to connect, then disappears.

I have to run it on a windows 8 machine. It will not run on any of my Win10 or Macs. I use an old PC just for this purpose.

Joe

I used the GUI for control when on my laptop on the deck or in the family room, or working on a desktop PC in the office.

The Russound MCA-88X 8 source, 8 zone system (expandable to 48 zones) looks like a nice option.  How hard is it to become 'Russound certified'?

https://russound.com/products/audio-systems/multi-room-controllers/mca-series-controllers/mca-88x-8-source-8-zone-controller-amplifier-streamer

I wonder if a Russound XTS color touchscreen would cover a 2-gang hole...designed for a single gang, I don't think so.

https://russound.com/products/audio-systems/multi-room-controllers/keypads-and-touchscreens/xts-wall-mounted-color-touchscreen#documents

What's the cheapest wall control solution for Sonos?

AceCannon said:
The iOS app is still working.

Interesting. I need to try that again then. If it works I can shut down that old PC.

At the same time, I too am looking for a different solution that will work with my essentia.

Tanks

Joe

AceCannon said:
The iOS app is still working.

Neurorad - surely you are not giving up on the NuVo?!?
The MPS4 is now discontinued.  Currently doing OK, I need a plan for when it fails.

I listen to SiriusXM very often, and the feed has always been a little glitchy, with an occasional endless loop that requires a new source selection.  I am only using 4 of 6 sources on the GC, and considering using a Sonos Connect as a 5th input, always tuned to SXM.  It's a tradeoff, as I'll lose metadata at the keypads, but I'm considering it.

Neurorad said:
The MPS4 is now discontinued.  Currently doing OK, I need a plan for when it fails.

I listen to SiriusXM very often, and the feed has always been a little glitchy, with an occasional endless loop that requires a new source selection.  I am only using 4 of 6 sources on the GC, and considering using a Sonos Connect as a 5th input, always tuned to SXM.  It's a tradeoff, as I'll lose metadata at the keypads, but I'm considering it.

If you buy a NuVo P300 (or any Player model) instead of the Sonos, have a PC or RaspberryPi and are willing to put up with some bugs while I finish up the bridge, I have a solution for metadata on the keypads...

Jeff

Yeah, I just replied!  If anyone else wants it, it's just not quite finished, but if you have a NuVo Player and a PC or RaspberryPi (need a serial port to talk to the Grand Concerto or Essentia) or the NuVoNet Adapter, and are willing to put up with some bugs and occasional restarts, you're welcome to try it out.  Just be savvy enough to know what I mean by "email me your Github userid"...   :ph34r:

joe morris said:
Lol, I just sent you a PM on Avsforum asking you for a link to the bridge code.

Hahaha

Sorry, I can't quote in my phone.

My git is is jmorris644

I actually looked there under your repos and didn't see it.

I knew it was you because of the owl. Haha

joe morris said:
I actually looked there under your repos and didn't see it.

I knew it was you because of the owl. Haha

OWL????  OWL?????  WHO you calling an owl?

Otter, dammit!  Like my name, but spelled differently... 

Jeff  (see username)  :blink:

jautor said:
OWL????  OWL?????  WHO you calling an owl?

Otter, dammit!  Like my name, but spelled differently... 

Jeff  (see username)  :blink:

Sorry Jeff,

My humble apologies. I was using my iPhone and it didn't show up too good. 

Joe

joe morris said:
Sorry Jeff,

My humble apologies. I was using my iPhone and it didn't show up too good. 

Joe

Hee hee - don't let it happen again (rats, you can't inline an image here?  I have a whole cache of otter-related memes for these occasions!)

I'm positive it will brick it. I'll have to keep older ipads around in order to run the app. disappointing because right now I use my phone most of the time to control my Nuvo.

Back