Omni Notifier Board Install Issue

I have a OmniPro II Controller 3.6A and Dealer PC Access with update 3.15.0.803.  I added the Omni Notifier Board 20A30-1 and the interface Jumper is set to "232" with the modular cable in Serial Port 2.   

The instructions tell me to Go to Expansion/Serial/Serial 2/and use the drop down menu to click on "E-Mail Board".  That term "E-Mail Board is not in the drop down menu.

I've done a Read from Controller.

I'm using Firmware 3.13 or later (3.15.0.803).

Suggestions?

Dear DeputyDawg, everything you have mentioned here sounds correct except for not seeing the "Email Board". Make sure you are selecting on "Serial" beneath the "Expansion".
Another way to accomplish is, at the keypad under menu>installer>expansion>serial 2 function. Let me know if that works for you. If you need further help let me know, we could do a remote and I can see if I can get a better idea of whats not working.

fosterctan  

fosterctan

I tried using the keypad and the Serial Function 2 does not appear.

Also, in the Read from Controller, the E-mail Board Setup box and data is grayed out and I cannot check that box.  The Extended Setup is grayed out also.

I noticed under the Units/Dealer Settings/Expansion Enclosures, it is set to 0.  Is this Notifier Board considered an Expansion Enclosure?

"Serial" is the only selection I have below Expansion.

Sorry DeputyDawg, I went back over your first message and realized you need to upgrade the firmware of your controller.
Taken from PDF manual: 7. Ensure that the automation controller is running firmware Version 3.13 or later.   

I noticed that you listed your controller as a "OmniPro II Controller 3.6A ". If that is correct you will need to have the recommended 3.13 or higher version. 
fosterctan.

I have the DEALER PC Access 3.15.0.803 and your talking about the OmniPro II Controller that needs to be 3.13 or higher.  Got it. 

So is that a chip or software resolution?

DeputyDawg said:
I have the DEALER PC Access 3.15.0.803 and your talking about the OmniPro II Controller that needs to be 3.13 or higher.  Got it. 

So is that a chip or software resolution?
PC Access is not the firmware.
You're on firmware 3.6A.
Do a firmware upgrade from the PC Access menu "Help/Check for upgrades".

Depends, if you have on board flash or a Chip. There are (4) chip slots near the middle of the board, (2) on the right and (2) on the left with a little bit of seperation between the two sets. If, you have no chips on the left 2 then you are likely good to run the firmware update for your panel through PC Access. If not, you will need a chip for the board.

fosterctan 

did you resolve your problem yet?
there is a few steps as 123 and works fine 
let me know to tell you how to make it work

Back