OMNI with both UPB and Z-Wave ?

shtojo

Any problems running both upb and zwave devices on the same omni iie controller? I was initially thinking that UPB was better supported with HAI, but it seems that Zwave is supported just as well... and I think status updates are handled just as well with both (would be using vizia rf+). If my assumptions are wrong, please chime in. Is anyone using both of these technologies together on the same hai controller? Thanks a bunch!

Any problems running both upb and zwave devices on the same omni iie controller? I was initially thinking that UPB was better supported with HAI, but it seems that Zwave is supported just as well... and I think status updates are handled just as well with both (would be using vizia rf+). If my assumptions are wrong, please chime in. Is anyone using both of these technologies together on the same hai controller? Thanks a bunch!

I plan to use UPB and Zigbee when its released so hopefully the answer is yes :)

UPB is 'built in', but even then you can use UpStart and use it just like any other technology. You should be able to use any lighting technology HAI supports in combination with UPB or any other. I will have both UPB and Zigbee myself.

Now you have me interested in zigbee... been reading up on it. Does (or will) the omni panel support zigbee? Doesnt look like there is much currently available for switches and modules. I see mention of Centralite in the omni manual. I also see that hai announced new omnistats with zigbee support, so apparently the omni panel can (or will) communicate to those thermostats via zigbee with some sort of PIM (?)

Here's the problem with Zigbee - it is not all fully interoperable quite yet and that's what alot of people are waiting on. As far as lighting there is Jetstream (Centralite) and it works fine with the RS232 bridge but even though it is Zigbee it can't talk to other Zigbee devices, only Jetstream devices. With a panel in the mix its usually not an issue because the panel can be the intermediary and receive signals from say Jetstream and then control say a UPB device in return. But some people want all the devices to be independently interoperable and standard and Zigbee is not there yet. There are many thread here about all that.

Back