OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

Had a look at the event logs and see that you are running Oracle Virtual box?  Curious what you are using Virtual box for?

I see an network event called VBoxNetLwf causing network disconnects.

I googled VB and Windows 10 on the Oracle Virtual box forum and do see an issue with networking and VB and Windows 10 over here ==>

ID Event 12 for VBoxNetLwf

Next steps are to disable the VB / Oracle VB service running on Windows 10 if you can do that without affecting the running of Home Assistant and the OmniLinkBridge software.

Here familiarity with Oracle VB running on Ubuntu 18.04 as I use it for Microsoft SAPI voices for automation.

Updating to current version of Oracle VB was a tumultuous experience here last week.  Well too updated VB W2003 32bit server to VB W7 32bit lite mostly just for the dot net upgrade to 4.7.  The little boxes below in the W7 window is running 5 instances of SAPI in different voice fonts.

oraclevb.jpg

For Windows 10 (to make it a bit lighter) you can remove many of the built in non removable applications today using been using Revo Uninstaller.  You can get rid of the XBox stuff, tiles that you never use et al.    The only way to do this early on was to manually remove each of the software pieces via command line shell.  It was time consuming and a PITA.  And if you do not utilize the desktop then really this stuff is just eye candy for a pleasant user experience.

For the maxi automation server here using an iSeries i3 lite CPU with 16Gb of memory.  Eats around 35 watts or so.  The mini automation server is using an Arm64 CPU which does well at about 5-10 watts except it doesn't run Oracle VB.  Both are running Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit.  I would suggest to have a look at docker and running HA and the OmniLinkBridge software in Docker.  It is very much plug n play these days.

Good news Grant!

Event logs look much better now.

Oracle creates a service in Windows 10 that always runs including the hardware connections for quick loading of the Virtual Box.

Now let's see how OmniLinkBridge runs.  Should be fine now. (guesstimate).

Well, the problem I've been trying to solve with HA began in January. I only installed VirtualBox two weeks ago, so I'm not particularly optimistic that the system restore will solve the larger problem with HA. BUT STILL -- good to houseclean when the opportunity presents itself.

I appreciate your help. I'll report back when I know more.

Curious how many network devices do you have on your home network? 

Here started to have issues with the OmniPro 2 network interface when I went over 50 devices. 

Are you having to time sync your panel all of the time?

This is a documented with HAI / Leviton issue due the promiscuity of the legacy 10 Mbs / 1/2 duplex network interface on the OmniPro 2 panel.

Leviton had the issue at the last LAS show and used an old hub to alleviate the issue.

I have 55+ devices -- that includes routers, all home networking components, phones, computers, etc. Of course most of those don't interface with the OmniPro 2. Not having to time sync at all. The Omni seems very solid in every regard.

How exactly did the Leviton folks fix the problem with the old hub? Do you know?

Yes the issue comes from the OP2 not dealing well with the LAN traffic (well like multicast for example).

You could see the time sync issue with the OmniLinkBridge application settings for time sync and log / email stuff. 

When Leviton set up the OmniPro 2 at a LAS show (last year?) they had network connectivity issues.  A Cocoontech user who was there at the show suggested that they put the OmniPro 2 on an old Hub and it worked for them.

It is a band aid fix for an old designed network port. 

Here have a micro router between the OP2 NIC and the rest of the network.  On the LAN side of the micro router the OP2 connects at 10 Mbs 1/2 duplex.  Here the issue first started with time going off, then serial issues (thermostat) and finally just kept disconnecting from the network.  The easy fix was to disconnect the network port except if you are using it.    Many folks here on the forum never see the issue.

Interesting for sure. I noticed recently (and just remembered... re. my earlier "very solid in every regard" comment) that some email notifications that used to go off without a hitch are not being sent, so maybe that's a similar symptom.

It's hearing things like this that make me wish I had some formal training in network administration. 

Here a free Microsoft network monitoring utility that you can run on your computer to watch the network interface.

Microsoft Message Analyzer

If you still have an issue on the Windows 10 computer this program will help. 

It might be a bit more complicated than what you want though.

Here is a drawing showing traffic in and out of the OP2 ethernet interface at 10 MBs and the traffic in and out of the 100MBs interface on the microrouter.  Note how much more traffic is hitting the external interface.

Here running the Homeseer OmniPro plugin on two machines and currently testing the OmniLinkbridge on two machines plus have Omnitouch 5.7e's / Omnitouch Pro software on custom tabletop touch screens. 

OP2 to LAN.jpg

Hi to everyone,
I have installed omnilink bridge on docker in my raspberry with this guide:
https://github.com/excaliburpartners/OmniLinkBridge

mosquitto (always in raspberry but without docker) with this guide:
ttps://www.vincenzocaputo.com/picoblog/view/66/installare_mqtt_broker_su_raspberry

and homeassitant (always in raspberry but without docker) :
https://indomus.it/guide/come-installare-e-configurare-home-assistant-su-un-raspberry-pi-gia-in-uso/

I don't know exactly where is the problem, I reach the web page of the homeassistant but I don't see the devices in my home...

In terminal when I type:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ docker container logs omnilink-bridge

I see this:
OmniLinkBridge.Modules.MQTTModule: 2019-04-04 23:48:07,920 DEBUG: Error connecting Could not resolve host 'hassio'

Could be this the problem?

I use the loopback address of 127.0.0.1 for the mosquitto IP in the OmniLinkbridge and HA with Mosquitto running on the same box.

pete_c said:
I use the loopback address of 127.0.0.1 for the mosquitto IP in the OmniLinkbridge and HA with Mosquitto running on the same box.

Yes now works! Thanks!

HA discovered everything apart my hi-fi2 4x4 audio matrix. Is there a way to include this item?
For example the possibility to change the source, switch on and off a zone, etc...

Understood.

I am not sure that HAI audio works or is configured to work with the OmniLinkBridge plugin. 

I have not tried it with my Russound system (actually in off mode at this time).

Getting OmniLinkBridge install and working has rekindled by interest in Home-Assistant. Thank you rsw686 for your work.
I have HA 0.91.1 installed and am wondering if you can help with an issue I have with z-wave locks reporting.
OLB does not report the z-wave locks to HA.
OLB logs for a lock report look like this:

OmniLinkBridge.Modules.OmniLinkII: 2019-04-06 12:08:52,418 DEBUG: Unhandled ExtendedStatusAccessControlLock 33 8 59 15 5 0 3 0 0 0 218 118
OmniLinkBridge.Modules.OmniLinkII: 2019-04-06 12:08:59,549 DEBUG: Unhandled ExtendedStatusAccessControlLock 33 8 59 15 5 0 2 1 0 0 138 74

These locks work in Omni-Pro-II and are reported and controllable in Haiku, Space, SnapLink, and NQlink.

Is there anything I can do to get these working in HA?
Thanks

Back