purchase of HAL2000

jeffx

I had an issue with my HAL PC and had to move it to another computer (where I had tested HAL before, thus it had to be registered immediately before it will run at all). When this happened, I learned that I need to contact HAL support with my registration and unregistration information, which I have been trying to do since early Wednesday morning--leaving a voicemail and sending an email to support.

No response still by this afternoon, so I tried a few different options on the Automated Living support line, kept getting transferred from voicemail to voicemail, and I finally get to one message that states they ARE CLOSED unitl April 3rd!!!

This is ridiculous. How can they leave a product that is depended upon to run an automated house (Alarm, heat, lighting, voicemail) COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED, without any warning, for 5 days???

They need to either automate COMPLETELY the re-registration process or start providing support 7 days a week. Not to mention that their support forum has been plagued with problems for the last few months where they have over that time lost weeks worth of posts?

Rupp said:
Jeff,
HomeSeer has support 7 days a week. :D
Rupp;

I don't see how that comment is of any help for Jeff's situation :( .

Jeff;

I'm guessing they are in Florida for the EH Expo show and you just hit the time when they probably traveled down (show started today) and ends on Saturday (they are probably staying the weekend).

Rupp said:
Jeff,
HomeSeer has support 7 days a week. :D
Now you tell me :(

I understand the AL crew is probably down at the expo in Florida, but couldn't just one of them stay behind or check the "inbox" remotely for customers who are SOL until they intervene?

I'm sure I'll be over it after 3 days of R&R, but for now I'm bumming.

HAL does not have a booth at EHExpo, so that is pretty skanky to just close shop and not support their customers.

BraveSirRobbin said:
Rupp said:
BSR,
I was just letting Jeff know that there are viable alternatives.
Hmmm, I still don't see how it helped answer the question. Maybe I'm just dense tonight... :D
Is this a new requirement that every reply must help answer the question? If so I should see this message being posted in several threads a day. :( To stay within this new rule here's an answer to his question.

Download the HomeSeer 30 day trial until HAL support returns. :(

Actually they are in 4 different booths. Jeff, I spoke to Greg and Tim today. Tim said they have some people to answer phones, just some tech support options are limited. He said if you send an email it should get answered the evening you send it.

Rupp said:
BraveSirRobbin said:
Rupp said:
BSR,
  I was just letting Jeff know that there are viable alternatives.
Hmmm, I still don't see how it helped answer the question. Maybe I'm just dense tonight... ;)
Is this a new requirement that every reply must help answer the question? If so I should see this message being posted in several threads a day. :( To stay within this new rule here's an answer to his question.

Download the HomeSeer 30 day trial until HAL support returns. :(
Wow! I guess it is now a requirement;)

HAL should be back on Monday so hopefully they will get back to you then.

Back