Request: ELK Installation Pictures

Hi Guys

Nice layout Electron .....Im a big fan of using open slotted ducting it makes the install look so much neater.....I also use the Brady marking system to identify all my wires ...
Are those specially made plates for the Elk pcbs ..????

Really like the idea of those tall (cans..??) housings .....i assume they are standard US stud width ...??

Nice Work
Frank

I was suprised to have more time over the holiday weekend that I expected and got a couple chunks of time over two afternoons which was enough to get 90% of the Elk stuff wired up properly.

Still have a few more things to hook up, but pleased with the progress and the ability to cram it all into my exiting enclosure!

Cheers,
Paul

Attachments

• Elk_M1_Install.JPG
    Elk_M1_Install.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 345
wuench said:
BTW, Where did you get you cable management? I am not the biggest fan of the Panduit style, I always end up with scraped up hands and issues with getting the covers back on, but these smaller ones may be the best solution in this case.
I got mine from AutomationDirect.com. If you want the bigger stuff, check your local Graybar or something, that's where I got my first set.

Looks good paul!

Frank,

Thanks for the compliments... the boards are attached using the "extremely high-tech double sticky sided foam tape" provided with most of the Elk modules.

The enclosure I'm using isn't really made for structured wiring so isn't pre-drilled with any holes. I figured if I took an hour or so to drill, make stand-offs and screw them into place, I wouldn't get done before the weekend was over. :)

I tend to do a better job for customers and mount their boards in proper enlosures using the Elk mouting adapters so have lots of the sticky foam tape collecting in a took box...

Cheers,
Paul

Paul,

I used the standard HA panels for my setup. I have two cans, one 42" for the cat5 phone/data and one 12" for the Elk. I had no idea how much stuff I would need to put in the Elk can, so I went with their standard setup. I should have got them both the same size. Luckily most of the boards can be located remotely, so I just put one databus hub in the can and spread the rest of the items out near the things they control.

What I like about your setup is the extra width. Even the large HA cans are made to be recessed between 16" studs. Having that extra width is what I really needed. It would have left more room for the cable management. Oh well, maybe next house (hopefully not too soon - I'm still finishing this one)

Later,
Frank

I have searched for 30 minutes and can't find them... can someone point me to the pictures of the setup where the serial cards are stacked up using standoffs.

Back