Request: ELK Installation Pictures

I'm a little scared of posting these pictures but what the heck. I already took them and they live on my server so I may as well put them on here. This is not the final resting place of my elk. It just happens to be where the old alarm system was installed and was the easiest place to mount the elk. I hope to do a structured wiring design in the future.

http://smarterior.com/forum_images/zwave_l...zwave_can_2.jpg
http://smarterior.com/forum_images/zwave_l...closed_case.jpg
http://smarterior.com/forum_images/zwave_l...elk_closeup.jpg

I took Electron's advice and bought it at automationdirect.com. I used the 1 1/2" x 1 1/2". I think electron used 1"x1". It's pretty cheap for wiring duct and you don't have to order a 100 pieces like other places. So you could order 1 of each to see which you prefer.

wuench said:
I took Electron's advice and bought it at automationdirect.com. I used the 1 1/2" x 1 1/2". I think electron used 1"x1". It's pretty cheap for wiring duct and you don't have to order a 100 pieces like other places. So you could order 1 of each to see which you prefer.
Cheers wuench,

One question if I may. I assume that the duct doesn't fit in the bottom corners of the housing? Are they mounted on the sides and raised slightly?

I know you have use Leviton housings I have Elk ones and 1 1/2" would foul the modules that clip into the bottom....maybe Leviton has more space there?

Thanks and regards,

Fleetz

wuench said:
Hi wuench,

Do you have a part number on the one that you used?

Cheers,

Fleetz

fleetz said:
wuench said:
Hi wuench,

Cheers,

Fleetz
I think he is talking about this one. They come in White or Grey and thin finger or regular. You can just go up 1 or 2 levels from that link to see all the options.

Steve said:
fleetz said:
wuench said:
I took Electron's advice and bought it at automationdirect.com.  I used the 1 1/2" x 1 1/2".  I think electron used 1"x1".  It's pretty cheap for wiring duct and you don't have to order a 100 pieces like other places.  So you could order 1 of each to see which you prefer.
Hi wuench,

Cheers,

Fleetz
I think he is talking about this one. They come in White or Grey and thin finger or regular. You can just go up 1 or 2 levels from that link to see all the options.
Thanks Steve

I used the T1-1515W-1. The regular fingered, not thin fingers. I don't know if the thin finger ducts will handle the cat5 for all the card connections. It'll work for the sensor connections though and maybe better than the one I ordered.

I'll try to get some closeups up soon...

wuench said:
I used the T1-1515W-1. The regular fingered, not thin fingers. I don't know if the thin finger ducts will handle the cat5 for all the card connections. It'll work for the sensor connections though and maybe better than the one I ordered.

I'll try to get some closeups up soon...
Thanks wuench

Resurrecting and oldie but a goodie...

I finally got around to updating my website with closeups of my Elk install. I recently added an external power supply to power all of my ethernet equipment. The only tricky part was trying to find the right size barrel connector, apparently there are standards but there are dozens of types and they all look the same. I ended up clipping wires off the actual transformers and using those after 3 trips to Ratshack trying to match them up.

I also have a new Elk-124 audio board mounted that I intend to migrate my doorbell to. Currently using the Jetson's theme recorded into the main board using the phone. I am hoping to get cleaner sound through the Elk-124.

Click the link in my sig to see the pics...

Back