Server issues

chrisexv6 said:
Im seeing this too, in FireFox.  It stops when you attempt to reply to a thread or if you stop loading the page (by hitting Esc or pressing the stop button)

Screenshot from FireBug showing the traffic

It looks like its constantly loading something from Google Analytics.

-Chris
It still happens for me in chrome.  It does stop sometimes, but if you move to a different page it starts up again...

wuench said:
It still happens for me in chrome.  It does stop sometimes, but if you move to a different page it starts up again...

You're right.  Im seeing it in FireFox at home right now, earlier I was on my work PC and it stopped (but Id be willing to bet tomorrow its doing it again)

Wondering if it has something to do with cache or cookies.

I use Google Analytics on the corporate sites I maintain and have never seen an issue like this, so I dont think its GA, but I could be wrong.

Windows 7.  Came back to my work PC to see if it would still happen, but no, it was working correctly.

Closed Firefox, came back in, again still working correctly.

Cleared cache and VOILA!  its constantly reloading again.  But for reason, this time after 51 requests it stopped loading in the background.

So, it looks like once whatever it needed to grab is cached, the issue might go away.  I noticed the call out to Google Analytics only comes after it loads an actual page (in this case, most of the requests were after it loaded /forums/).  Im wondering if there are references from the index page that reference other pages that are also loading GA. 

Im not quite sure why it keeps trying to reload /forums/, but that seems to be the biggest culprit right now

Below is a link to a text file showing traffic from Fiddler. 

All I did here was reload the main Home Security forum page.  You can see the looping requests to Google Analytics starting at line 43 (there are a few lines missing but those were deleted by me since they were other things loading at the same time that have nothing to do with CT)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14958505/cttraffic_fiddler.txt

-Chris

Something is up with the latest Chrome update.  I just realized that they pushed out another update this week or so, and my main desktop does NOT have this update, or this problem.  However, my other systems with the latest Chrome are experiencing this issue now as well.  Very odd.

Dan,
Chrome which was not working previously is "OK" now. I had been getting the cached page not available message.
My Chrome version is "Version 24.0.1312.52 m".

Back