UPB questions and an observation

gwww

I have just completed my first phase of installing UPB on the main floor of the house. So far about 10 switches and 1 remote (USR). Everything seems to work well, no noise, signal on same phase is about 80 and on opposite phase is about 30. Anyhow that is just background, since I see so many other posts about installs not going so smooth.

My questions are about the USR -- it has a green light and does not change colour when the light is turned on. I thought it would change colour when the load was on, correct? Also it is green and not blue -- do you know if SA is planning on making blue light USRs?

My observation is that that when I set the load to come on to 100% at 20 seconds it comes on to 100% in around 5 seconds. I am sure that I programmed the switch as I was playing with a number of different ramp rates. The switch is a US240 version 1.15. I don't really care that it is quick as I can play with the timing and generally all I really use is 3 second or less ramp.

What are other people seeing?

Thanks in advance.

Yea, the USR's are complete garbage. Nobody's USR/slave LED will track the load - it is a simple wired to be on or off. Not sure, but they may have updated the USR when they came out with the 1140. The USR green still matched the 1130 but now it would be the oddball in green.

If you want to have LED tracking and perfect matching you will have to use another full US240 as the slave. More expensive but it will match 100%.

Not sure what you are saying asking in the second part. Are you saying you programmed the ramp rate to 20 seconds and it only took 5? I looked at that a long time ago and it seemed right, I would have to retest it.

My questions are about the USR -- it has a green light and does not change colour when the light is turned on.
I have a few USR installed and the green light should light up when the light is on and turn off when the light is off. There are no other color options at this time but I hear rumor that a revision is on the road map but I do not know what changes they plan. To make sure the LED functions follow the optional step 7 from the installation manual
OPTIONAL: Using a wire nut, connect the brown wire (black on some
models) of the USR to the switched load wire or to the black (Line) power
wire. This only powers the LED indicator. If connected to the switched load
wire, the LED will illuminate when the load is ON. If connected to line
power, the LED will always be ON. If capped with a wirenut, the LED will
always be OFF

UPStart version 4.7 build 21 lists Simply Automated devices USM1R and USM2R that allow for LED configurations. Check it out.

SA uses link 241 to turn on the local load. So you'll have to define the fade rate for that link in the receive tab.

LED on the slave is optional. If it bugs you dis-connect the brown for always off. Or associate the brown wire to the hot or load line.

Not sure what you are saying asking in the second part. Are you saying you programmed the ramp rate to 20 seconds and it only took 5? I looked at that a long time ago and it seemed right, I would have to retest it.
Exactly, nicely said. I tried this a couple of times and the ramp was always quicker than expected.

Back