UPB remote?

LightenUP

I know there is the X-10 to UPB bridge. I also know of a IR switch from PCS. There's even a wireless and batteryless EnOcean switch that could work.

If the customer demands a remote,,,,,which do you recomend?

I know there is the X-10 to UPB bridge. I also know of a IR switch from PCS. There's even a wireless and batteryless EnOcean switch that could work.

If the customer demands a remote,,,,,which do you recomend?

Do you mean a remote that can be carried around the house? Used outside? Used in just one room? Do you want the remote to control AV equipment as well as UPB?

There is a credit card size remote from PCS seen here This could be used in locations where this touchpad is located, but there are many possibilities.

Dave

You could also use a programmable universal remote (a la URC, Pronto, RTI) and an RF base station and place an IR emmiter over the "off" button of an HAI scene controller. I've placed a scene coontroler in a SA "pedestal" and located it in an AV rack. Then program your appropriate links. Easy as all get out. I started a thread looking for the HAI hex codes and got them in a response under home automation at AVS.

It was suggest that I use an ocelot for that same function. I bought it but haven't had the time or energy to get it working but I am confident it could work :rolleyes:

Plus the ocelot seems really cool and can do a lot of "stuff" - not sure exactly what but only time will tell.

Neil

It was suggest that I use an ocelot for that same function. I bought it but haven't had the time or energy to get it working but I am confident it could work :rolleyes:

Plus the ocelot seems really cool and can do a lot of "stuff" - not sure exactly what but only time will tell.

Neil
You could indeed use an Ocelot to relay the IR. Yes, it adds LOT's of different functionality. Use your imagination and the Ocelot can pull it off. I particularly like the Ocelot/SECU16 combo for A/D conversion.

see www.appdigusers.com

I do it all the time with my HVPro... it interprets the IR and sends out the UPB codes. I assume it's the same way the Ocelot would do it... very easy and very powerful.

Back