UPB upstart can't connect to HAI 38A00-1 or ELK M1PCSPIM

relay

Hi there.
I could use a little help with UPB lighting.
I have downloaded latest upstart (5.2 build 23) from Pulseworx site and I am using a SA UMC-USB-W. I can configure ANY new HAI switch or SA plug in modules but I cannot configure either the ELK M1PCSPIM or ANY of the HAI scene controllers I have.
The HAI scene controllers simply do not respond to the Find Module in Setup. I have installed several directly beside several HAI switches and the controller can turn all lights on and off it seems by default. I just cant find it with upstart. Any ideas?

Next, I can't seem to connect to the ELK M1PCSPIM. Upstart will find the PIM but always fails before completing. It fails at various points. I am confused as I see the signal meter down below go full green bars, then full red bars back and forth but the tests show good quality. When it fails, I see red bars come and go for 4 attempts.
Noise at PIM is 0/0/0 ; Noise at device is 0 ; Signal level at PIM is 30 ; Signal level at device is 58
BTW, an SA UMA-20 connected to same outlet ALWAYS connects WITHOUT EVER seeing any red at the signal bar down below. I have tested this many times.
Any ideas???

Thanks for any help!

I assume you are placing the scene controllers in setup mode.

Have you tried the Network Discover function?

It can find units that are wired in but on a differnt network ID.

I assume you do not have an Omni panel, so can't try HLC configuration.

Yes, I am placing the scene controllers in setup mode.

Have not tried discover mode. I will look into it.

Using Elk M1 so HAI solution probably wont help :)

THanks!

Update: I changed the retry to 12 attempts and it finally added the ELK UPB controller.
It seems to work fine but there must be something going on there.

I tried discover mode and it does not find the HAI scene controllers either.
I have no problems finding HAI switches or SA switches of any kind.

Any other ideas?

I didn't see it above.
Do you have a phase coupler?
If not, you need one.

Try pulling the scene controller and bench testing it.
Get a three prong extension cord and cut off the receptacle end.
Hook up the scene contoleer to the extension cord, cap all unconnected wies, and plug it into the same outlet as the PIM.

If it doesn't work directly connected, then the scene controller is probably faulty.

Back