WC32 serial port communication with PC

What was your TCP port number?  It seems that 131 seconds is a magic number for problem.
Do you have anything else running in the WC32, I wonder changing some of the tasks would affecting that magic number?
Also, would the problem appear only for sending from WC32 to computer, or both direction?

Ross,

Also, please try to update to the latest firmware 4.02.14 to see if the test result having any differences

CAI_Support said:
What was your TCP port number?  It seems that 131 seconds is a magic number for problem.
Do you have anything else running in the WC32, I wonder changing some of the tasks would affecting that magic number?
Also, would the problem appear only for sending from WC32 to computer, or both direction?

Was using the default, port 5000 (second serial port) but the problem is manfest on both ports 4500 and 5000.
This WC32 was reset to factory using the reset jumper, and the only thing changed then was to enable DHCP.
It has no program loaded, not sending any email or web requests.
I tried with webpolling turned off and it made no difference.

I have not tried in the opposite direction (output from WC32), as my current application is used as a receive-only interface.

Will try updating the firmware today and repeat.

ok, updated the firmware.... no problems so far in over 40 minutes!

There's only one thing I can see that's different - I did NOT set the NTP server, and it's currently running (I think) on an address that can't access the default servers!

Re-checking with the other WC32 that's dropping data, it's still faulting... there's a moderate coincidence of NTP traffic with dropped data, but it's certainly not close enough to be a "good fit", and as I type this, it's just dropped data again with no NTP traffic at all...

I'm going to
( a ) set up NTP on the newly upgraded board
and
( b ) update the other board

Fingers crossed!

2 hours and no dropped packets! Amazing!
Wayne, I know you said there was no change to that code, but it definitely looks like 4.02.11 has a bug!
Would you like me to downgrade one and see if the problem returns?

It is good to know that improved.  Do you have any temp sensor attached to the board?  Most changes are in the temp sensor handling.

CAI_Support said:
It is good to know that improved.  Do you have any temp sensor attached to the board?  Most changes are in the temp sensor handling.

Not at the moment, it's a transitional board, replacing a lantronix 8-port terminal server (where I've only been using 2 ports).
Now that the serial is working reliably, I'm ready to continue on with the plan - it'll replace a WC8, two lots of amplifiers, an external 4-channel 1-wire ADC with a few digital in, and only 5 digital outs in use. There's half a dozen temperature points there I'd like to monitor, so that'll happen in due course. (One on the high voltage heatsink, the shunt, enclosure internal ambient, one on each of the 200A DC fuses, possibly a couple of others later.

Still no missed data overnight and all graphs looking good, so 14 hours without a drop, I'm a happy camper ;)

Back