Who has Nuvo Music Port?

Oh, and the real reason for posting - there appears to be a new version of the MP software installer (2.5.5024.99) on ProZone today. I'll have to check it out tonight! <crosses fingers for Internet Radio!>

Where are you seeing this new version? All I see is version 2.0.4945.0 on ProZone.

Hey swaggy - if you're looking at the "old" prozone, the text on the webpage still says "Version: 2.0.4945.0", but the file that is downloaded is actually 2.5.5024.99.

Well, I still can't get the "Online Credentials" tab to show up on the XP "server" that my MusicPort is usually attached to... I'll have to call NuVo/Autonomic. A full remove-license/uninstall/remove-Autonomic-stuff-from-registry/reinstall still doesn't fix it. I've tried running the 14-day trial and with my actual license, with no change.

But I did get it to install on an XP laptop and connected it up to the GC to give it a test drive. And yes, it works, although it doesn't appear ready for prime time yet.

- Pandora works, and has the skip-track working on the keypad, but there's no "Radio" item in the top-level MP source menu. So the only way to find and start Pandora is to use the web/client interface (or I presume the new color keypad is implemented...). Seems like a small fix, but a big oversight. Hopefully that's a quick fix and related to the MP release and not the MPS. But the metadata display is perfect, with album/artist/title, and there are some Pandora-specific menu options.

[EDIT: The lack of Radio in the top menu may be related to the licensing issue - on the web/client interface, the Radio button shows up, and allowed me to configure Pandora (only). But selecting it gave an ill-formed, truncated NACK (error) message about a license/support problem, so I'll hold out hope that they are related.]

- XM and Sirius are both shown in the credentials, but my "basic" XM online subscription (the grandfathered one for current subs when they started charging) doesn't work. The credentials signal that they're correct, but I'm betting when they login and request streams they're asking for the high-quality streams (which always require the $2.99 subscription). So I haven't been able to test it yet. But I was surprised that the XM source didn't even show up in the WebUI "Radio" source list, since they should be able to login with it (just won't connect to any of the HQ streams).

-RadiioTime is missing from this release. On the Autonomic board, there's a posting saying they're working on it for MCS - I wonder why it's separate from the MPS release... Unfortunately, that was the highest priority feature request for me - basic access to Internet Radio. XM/Sirius have a solution today (tuners), and Pandora support is good, but the "rest of Internet Radio" kinda wins in my book.

Jeff

but the "rest of Internet Radio" kinda wins in my book.
+1, it's the most sought after feature for me too

WTMD out of Towson University in MD, and Radioio Jam. If I'm home and awake, chances are that one of these stations is playing on zone 2 of my networked Denon AVR through the kitchen and LR speakers.

Just finished a conversation with NuVo. Short answer is that this release is *not* the one we've been waiting for, and Pandora/XM/Sirius/RadioTime is not supported yet... Tech support did re-confirm that all of these are coming to MP with a free software update, though. So we're back to waiting mode.

I avoided the useless questions about "when" (since I work in product development, I know the answer to that question)...

But to quote Bart Simpson: "Where's my spy camera? Where's my spy camera? Where's my spy camera?" ;)

Jeff

Just finished a conversation with NuVo. Short answer is that this release is *not* the one we've been waiting for, and Pandora/XM/Sirius/RadioTime is not supported yet... Tech support did re-confirm that all of these are coming to MP with a free software update, though. So we're back to waiting mode.

I avoided the useless questions about "when" (since I work in product development, I know the answer to that question)...

But to quote Bart Simpson: "Where's my spy camera? Where's my spy camera? Where's my spy camera?" ;)

Jeff

thanks for the update Jeff. I wonder what this release was intended to fix? I didn't see any release notes anywhere.

thanks for the update Jeff. I wonder what this release was intended to fix? I didn't see any release notes anywhere.

NuVo indicated it was an "automatic update from Autonomic"... But yeah, no release notes or any other indication of changes... Maybe Prof. Kilowatt will tell us in the next newsletter.

NuVo indicated it was an "automatic update from Autonomic"... But yeah, no release notes or any other indication of changes... Maybe Prof. Kilowatt will tell us in the next newsletter.

I noticed that my 2 HTPC streams had a status of "Stopped" on the Grand Concerto keypads this morning. I hadn't seen that status before the update. Nothing is broken - pressing play brought the streams back to life, and I have a nightly process that likely made the MP3 files inaccessible at some point. Not sure why i'm sharing this - just killing time until we have something big to talk about I guess! :)

I noticed that my 2 HTPC streams had a status of "Stopped" on the Grand Concerto keypads this morning. I hadn't seen that status before the update. Nothing is broken - pressing play brought the streams back to life, and I have a nightly process that likely made the MP3 files inaccessible at some point. Not sure why i'm sharing this - just killing time until we have something big to talk about I guess! ;)

I see that too as a new status, and it feels like it's talking longer for the "first time in a while" loading of the artist/album list.

Oh, and as I type this, because of some comments on Autonomic's forum that had me playing with the MusicPort Client Inteface (the flash/web utility), even though it's "not supported", Pandora works great from the Client interface. Metadata, cover art, etc. Just no ability to start a stream from the keypads. Seems they are all focused on supporting the color touchpad right now. I hope they realize that for a number of reasons, that's not going to replace the OLED keypads... At least, not any time soon!

Jeff

Weird stuff tonite -

I finally got a chance to start stress testing and ran 2 large MP3 Playlists from the HTPC to the MP.

The first stream plays fine. The second stream is weird - it plays the music fast, skipping its way through the song at rapid speed!?! This is new - now I'm just not sure if its related to the MusicPort software change or something else.

If I go with one stream only, things are fine. Its the instant that I try for 2. Very, very odd. I may roll back the MP software on the weekend to determine if its a MusicPort or a Delta soundcard issue.

I have noticed something strange for the past 2 weeks. At the completion of playing a track from my collection the date/time stamp of the file changes to the date/time the song finished playing from MP. There are times the tag looks unchanged and other times the tag changes by adding a square box character at the end of the artist or composer. Any thoughts on why this may be happening?

I am using XP MCE SP3, MP version 2.5.5024.99, and Essentia config software v2.61. I did try using Autonomic's media control server with the same result.

Thanks.

Mark

I noticed that my 2 HTPC streams had a status of "Stopped" on the Grand Concerto keypads this morning. I hadn't seen that status before the update. Nothing is broken - pressing play brought the streams back to life, and I have a nightly process that likely made the MP3 files inaccessible at some point. Not sure why i'm sharing this - just killing time until we have something big to talk about I guess! :)

I see that too as a new status, and it feels like it's talking longer for the "first time in a while" loading of the artist/album list.

Oh, and as I type this, because of some comments on Autonomic's forum that had me playing with the MusicPort Client Inteface (the flash/web utility), even though it's "not supported", Pandora works great from the Client interface. Metadata, cover art, etc. Just no ability to start a stream from the keypads. Seems they are all focused on supporting the color touchpad right now. I hope they realize that for a number of reasons, that's not going to replace the OLED keypads... At least, not any time soon!

Jeff

Jeff how are you configuring Pandora? If you install the MCS, and enter the Nuvo license, the tab for configuring pandora/xm disappears.

Jeff how are you configuring Pandora? If you install the MCS, and enter the Nuvo license, the tab for configuring pandora/xm disappears.

Yep, it doesn't show up in the MCS configuration utility. But open the web interface or the NuVo Client (standalone flash client) and you'll see the Radio button under Artist/Album/Playlist once you select a zone and your MusicPort from the "Sources" tab. If you haven't used those interfaces before, the MCS install puts the flash client in the \SharedDocs folder of your 'server', and the web interface is on port 5005.

In the Radio sub-menu you'll have Pandora as the only radio source, and that will allow you to enter your Pandora account info. Once that's done, you'll see your Pandora stations and can get going...

Jeff

Seriously?? Nuvo is discontinuing the MP...ok..nobody ever buy what i buy..first ALC a few weeks ago and now MP..WTF!!

I haven't read up much on the Music Port server...but assume it's terribly more expensive.. do you load the music onto it or can it play from a NAS?

The reason i ask is that my music library (which the MP uses) is located on my server. But my desktop itunes accesses it as well. The way it currently works is that if my wife buys a new song from itunes it makes it into the normal library and with the next Music Port scan..which it seems to do every 15 minutes or so it automatically becomes available for the MP and shows on the webGUI and keypads. I REALLY like this feature and wonder if the MPS can actually do this?

In the end if i were to have the music library stored on my server what is the point of the MPS..it would just 'play' the music..just like the MP does.

Can somebody PM me the access info for the new prozone/support section..i want to download the latest MP software.

Back