Who has Nuvo Music Port?

I managed to get it from a member here and it installs fine (Xp), but I think it’s still an older version. The setup.exe is only 1.58MB in size, which when you run it contacts Nuvoaudio.com to download the remainder of the package. They (Nuvo) must have reverted the download package as this version does not include Pandora or XM. It reports as version: 2.1.5024.65

cb

I spoke with Nuvo tech support this am. According to them, they have not released a version of the MCS which supports Pandora or XM radio, nor is/was there a version V2.1.5054.65. They said is it unknown when support for these two service will be added.

I spoke with Nuvo tech support this am. According to them, they have not released a version of the MCS which supports Pandora or XM radio, nor is/was there a version V2.1.5054.65. They said is it unknown when support for these two service will be added.

Nuvo has updated the MCS version on their website (prozone) to read V2.1.5024.65.

I called Nuvo sales. They said that the MP firmware update will be 2010 Q1, after the MP Server is released.

I'm itching for that internet radio. :D

I called Nuvo sales. They said that the MP firmware update will be 2010 Q1, after the MP Server is released.

I'm itching for that internet radio. :D

Don't hold your breath. Nuvo first said July of this year, then it was revised to Q4 this year, now Q1 of 2010. I don't have any faith it will get released then.

--Jamie

The sales guy I spoke with (eastern regional sales manager Kevin Davis) said the MP FW upgrade will follow the MP Server release, so watch for that.

Looking to see if anyone has been successful configuring the MCS client to work on Win 7, 64Bit?
I have everything installed - but can't get the client to display my Itunes library. I do see the MCS server scan the library - but the client never shows what is available?

Hey all....
I'm back. A few months ago I got MP with Essentia working perfectly. I use Windows 7 64bit. It's been great for a few months.

Funny thing happened last week... the control pads just stopped "working". They recognize 6 "sources" but not any of my named sources. I can't get Meta information or any of that. If I connect through Client software on a laptop I see my music collection from the HTPC but again just six "sources".
I have tired everything minus unsintalling the MCS and reinstalling. Any one have any ideas? All of the appropriate services are running.. the MCS says server is up and everything.
I'm getting pretty frustrated here. :)

thanks!
Jeff

Hey all....
I'm back. A few months ago I got MP with Essentia working perfectly. I use Windows 7 64bit. It's been great for a few months.

Funny thing happened last week... the control pads just stopped "working". They recognize 6 "sources" but not any of my named sources. I can't get Meta information or any of that. If I connect through Client software on a laptop I see my music collection from the HTPC but again just six "sources".
I have tired everything minus unsintalling the MCS and reinstalling. Any one have any ideas? All of the appropriate services are running.. the MCS says server is up and everything.
I'm getting pretty frustrated here. :)

thanks!
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Try turning off your Essentia, reboot your machine. Then do a graceful shutdown on your machine (i.e" don't just turn it off), power back up your essentia, and turn on your machine. See if it brings back the correct name for your sources.

cb

Charlie,
Thanks! I will try all of that when I get home from work tonight and let you know how that works out. Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have a general question about the Connections section of the NuvoBridge tab in the MCS. Does everyone just leave that on Automatic? Or do you manually select a COM port or TCP/IP? I've been wondering about that and what is best practice.

thanks,
Jeff

Charlie,
Thanks! I will try all of that when I get home from work tonight and let you know how that works out. Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have a general question about the Connections section of the NuvoBridge tab in the MCS. Does everyone just leave that on Automatic? Or do you manually select a COM port or TCP/IP? I've been wondering about that and what is best practice.

thanks,
Jeff

I've left mine at automatic, but then I don't have a serial server in place, otherwise you would assign a specific IP, I believe.

cb

Looking to see if anyone has been successful configuring the MCS client to work on Win 7, 64Bit?
I have everything installed - but can't get the client to display my Itunes library. I do see the MCS server scan the library - but the client never shows what is available?

Gillians,
Forget to mention about my Windows 7 64bit install.... I never got iTunes 9 to work with it. I just started up WMP and that automatically searches HTPC for songs from iTunes. (I think I even have both programs pointing to same music folder) WMP worked perfectly with Nuvo. Granted, I've never purchased a DRM'd song from iTunes so it didn't matter to me which program MCS was interfacing with.
I have iTunes on there so my wife can easily sync up songs through iTunes to our HTPC from her laptop. WMP then recognizes the changes in the folder and updates that... then control pads can see the meta info.
thanks
Jeff

well, still no luck after doing the suggested restart method. Any other ideas?
I've uninstalled and reinstalled MCS but it seems the same settings were in place on reinstall. Anyone know where those settings/config files are located so I can do a full uninstall and try again?

Not sure what else to do at this point? If I can't see my sources , see meta information or control the sources/artists from the control pad what would be the right direction? Does the MP use the serial connections for this information or just Nuvonet link?

thanks
Jeff

Gillians,
Forget to mention about my Windows 7 64bit install.... I never got iTunes 9 to work with it. I just started up WMP and that automatically searches HTPC for songs from iTunes. (I think I even have both programs pointing to same music folder) WMP worked perfectly with Nuvo. Granted, I've never purchased a DRM'd song from iTunes so it didn't matter to me which program MCS was interfacing with.
I have iTunes on there so my wife can easily sync up songs through iTunes to our HTPC from her laptop. WMP then recognizes the changes in the folder and updates that... then control pads can see the meta info.
thanks
Jeff

Jeff, thanks for the response. I was able to get I-tunes (9) to work but had to download a beta copy of the MCS software .. this addresses some bugs - one of which is I-tunes 9. Problem is - it's beta - so now I can see my i-tunes library - but if I use MCS software to listen to them - some of the songs won't play - it will queue up but no sound for some songs. So right now I'm pretty much just controlling everything from I-tunes - not using my touch pads to control songs (sucks) - but its better than not having my library. Impatiently waiting for the new release to come out and hopefully fix these issues.

Back