Anyone ever use Webex?

so i fiddled with the two products out there (webex and logmein) and i decided that i like logmein better.

similar features, but webex caps you at 5 pcs, while logmein doesnt have any limits--which is great for our office.

also, logmein doesnt require firewall reconfiguration and took minutes to install.

JohnBullard said:
I have used logmein and it works "fairly" well. The screens when viewed from my notebook look "fuzzy" to me though.

I really like Orb, on the media center pc. Excellent video and audio streaming, both to the notebook and the pocket pc.
i had the same problem at first with logmein. still happen to have the 3am labs customer service response: "You can adjust the screen resolution from the floating toolbar that is available during a remote control session. Adjust the screen resolution to lower settings for faster speeds."

hope that helps!

Thanks Jesse,

I appreciate that info. I only use logmein on a very INfrequent basis, so it hadn't bothered me too much. But good info. I'll look into it.

Don't want to bump an old thread, but in case anyone is searching, I have been using logmein.com for several days now, and it's great. They even have a firefox plugin, and a PPC client (which works really well).

I also requested the 2week trial of their Rescue service, which helped me out really well today, but a little too expensive for a small business.

I look at mywebex, plus some other reviews which compare the 2, and it looks like most reviews favor logmein.com as well.

electron,

Do you use Microsoft Antispyware program? I keep getting hits on the logmein application, threat level moderate.

I know you do "security" for a living, and just wondered if you were also seeing this. I do use the "free" version of logmein, maybe the paid version is different, or maybe the nature of the application resembles something that looks like a threat.

Just courious.

I use the free version as well, I can't imagine why it would tag it as a problem. The only thing I can think of is that it is an ActiveX file, and it communicates with internet based servers. I will have to do some more research.

Back