Automated Blind Controller?

N49atv

Hello,

Im prewiring for everything in my home, and full automated blinds will be part of that. I will pull for worst case, no matter what, as im not sure what will be needed (a few windows are 72"x60", some are 72"x36", and others smaller). Of course fabric etc will factor in. Im thinking im going to go with a base controller of the OmniPro II (not 100% but it seems to do whole house, like Im after, though DIY systems are welcome). Overall I have;

24 Windows
2 French Doors (so im thinking of doing wireless on them)
2 very slim windows on the side of my main door (not sure if anyhting can be done here)
Id also like to factor in a set of heavy drapes in my theater (going oldschool theme), when I develop the basement.

Some wondows id like shades, and blackouts (thinking black inside, shades outside. I dont know). The wife likes the honeycomb look from hunterdouglas, but open to all options. I guess a sheer, or shade to block out some light, and give privacy, but with a south facing living room etc, some blackouts would be good too. Not sure about double in a single window etc. I just havent had a day off to go see anyone locally (not even sure whats avail).

Now that I have wandered off track, is there a seperate controller that would interface with the OP2 (or other controller should I choose), through say 232? Otherwise, thats a lot of outputs. Even with 16O Expansion cards, thats a lot. And not sure it could even do it. Id imagine ill pair some windows up, but not all, as some are part of a 3 window group, but one opens. So if there was blackouts and shades on some, we are getting in the 40 windows area. Thats a lot of outputs. Id also like to be able to feed a % in, and have it open (even if only 25, 50, 75, 100 etc).

What are my options? Thanks, my eyes are getting sore from searching the web etc.

Back