Brightspeech voices available, kind of ...

I also now have Heather as my default computer voice and she works from the Speach Bar in Word even after I shut down the thingy in the system tray.

I will probably try that over the weekend. I'm playing with WeatherAloud right now. Looks like an inexpensive way to speak weather forecasts without a full blown HA software application like HS or ECS.

If they would add support for these voices to the NewsAloud program ($14.95), it would make this a better deal for sure.

Gee, I already own Textaloud (bought it with AT&T voices), I wonder if I can just purchase "Heather" for $25. :D

FYI

I downloaded and installed Heather as well as the Nextup software. Then I selected Heather as my voice in the speaker app. It worked fine. I never had to load the Next-Up application.
I did get a popup window asking to unblock, I said later... not sure what that was for.

Hopefully the voice will be there for use after the next reboot without Next up running as well.

Yes it will. Set it up last night as my default voice, and now it is just that. I did not run or load Text Aloud (cute program) on this boot and was able to read text from a MS "Works" document.

Update,
I just moved Heather to my HS machine without installing TA and it works as a system default. It comes up listed as a "HQ TTS English" engine. I did (like someone else) get a firewall request to connect to Acapela, I declined the connect this time and everything appears to be fine.

I am downloading Heather right now, this better work, since I didn't buy the TextAloud program, and it would have been a $5 discount if I did buy it at the same time.

Back