Brightspeech voices available, kind of ...

That would be awesome! I am thinking about running a sniffer, to see why it is phoning home, but that's great news!

Do post sniffer results. I'm worried I'll forget to block, or "ask later". If I accidently allow and I then screwed? hmmmm

BTW. Works after reboot too. Although immediately after reboot is when my internet connection crapped out. See my other THREAD. Although that has to be totally coincindental as it is on all my boxes.

Didn't the "phone home" issue come up with the AT&T voices when HS first introduced them?

In that case, I believe it turned out that they were not actually connecting outside the computer, but rather used IP-based communications between processes on the same PC.

The only potential problem I could see is this IP:

Belongs to a company in Germany, and the content of that TCP based session was all garbage (so probably encryption). It did use port tcp/80, which is the HTTP port, but no actual HTTP headers were detected.

So, will Heather work without the other program, or having to phone home?

How about on multiple speech clients?

Would love to have her, she is so much better then Kate.

I have her installed on my work laptop, tested it with mIRC, no problems at all. I did not install Textaloud. As for the phoning home, that's the only potential problem I can see, so you can block that IP at your firewall, or use the XP firewall to block the application all together.

ok, I was checking my event log, and just saw something that kind of worries me:
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Acapela Telecom TTS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 13
Date: 12/16/2005
Time: 8:16:50 PM
User: N/A
Computer: PHOBOS
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 13 ) in Source ( Acapela Telecom TTS ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: PID[4700] 4 channels, Uk(T) Us(T) Fr(T) Sp(T) De(T) Ru(T) Br(T) It(T) Pl(T) Ve(T) Nl(T) . / Trial version (30 days left)..

Now is it because I blocked the application, or because we don't use it with Textaloud? I will have to log in to my work laptop and see if I got the same error.

Now you find it !!!!!! :D

Guess we will have to pay the additional for textaloud now?

Or is that error just related to blocking phonehome?

Not related to blocking, since I didn't block it at work (only analyzed). Could have saved $5 if I bought Textaloud together with Heather.

Back