Can no longer connect or ping my OMNI Pro panel

jamesbrew

I'm using the snap link app and can no longer connect to my Omni Pro panel? About a year ago, I installed a new Router (Fritzbox) and changed my IP on the panel to 192.168.178.2 to suit the range of the router. My Routers IP is 192.168.178.1

Its worked finer for a year or so but suddenly....no connection. It times out when I ping it. There are two ethernet switches between my IMAC and the router but as it's worked for so long before, I don't think thats an issue.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

A few things you can try...
1. Are both of the leds by the lan connector flashing?
2. Did you verify the ip settings from the console? These can get defaulted if the panel had a hard reset.
3. Try hooking your pc up directly to the Omni lan port. Use a crossover lan cable and manually set your pc ip to 192.168.178.xxx where xxx is not 1 or 2. See if you can ping now.
4. What are your DHCP settings on the router? 192.168.178.2 should be outside the DHCP range or the router could try to assign it to another device.
This will help eliminate issues with the OmniPro itself.
Don

A few things you can try...
1. Are both of the leds by the lan connector flashing?
2. Did you verify the ip settings from the console? These can get defaulted if the panel had a hard reset.
3. Try hooking your pc up directly to the Omni lan port. Use a crossover lan cable and manually set your pc ip to 192.168.178.xxx where xxx is not 1 or 2. See if you can ping now.
4. What are your DHCP settings on the router? 192.168.178.2 should be outside the DHCP range or the router could try to assign it to another device.
This will help eliminate issues with the OmniPro itself.
Don
Hi,

Thanks to your reply, (What are your DHCP settings on the router?) I did a check on the DHCP range of the router and the ip address asigned to my panel was outside the routers range. I changed the ip address of the panel on the touchscreen to one within it's range...restarted the panel and bingo. All is well.

Many thanks for your pointers.

Back