Can you 3D print this?

Measuring the Omnitouch shell where it would slide in to the rectangular cutout..

140 mm (5.5") width top and bottom X
125 mm (5") height

I have the original box and manuals that came with it.

Template hole picture shows 5 5/8" X 5 1/8" hole to cut. These are probably the best measurements as mine above are too exact.

Wider than higher. Back shell piece under lip

Lip edges looking at front of shell are: (looks like a 3-4mm over hang)

153mm wide

137mm high

Last edited:
Found dimensions here:

Unfortunately no depth listed.
Your front bezel looks to be a 3/8", the one in the pictures looks more like 3/4". Not sure if there's different models?
Wouldn't matter for the tall mount but the short mount would need clearance at the bottom for the back of the touchscreen.
I went with 1-1/4" from back of front bezel to back of box. If it's thinner, no problem. Thicker, could be a problem.
Both STL's in zip.

Omnitouch.gif

Attachments

• HAI Mount Tabletop.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 4
Wow.....very nice @Frunple

Depth of shell is 40 mm...fat...

My current Intel tabletop touchscreens are 20 mm (10 years old).

Is your reference to the benzel the cover as pictured above?

I have a bunch of covers (benzel) and they are all the same thickness...doesn't matter though cuz they attach to the front of the shell enclosure which is separate from the mount.

Looking at the side of the touchscreen mounted inside of the shell and noticed that it is tipped out a bit, angled down. Not sure if you can adjust that...never noticed that before. Just checked the one mounted in a wall and it is not tipped out and flat and even with the shell edges.

Last edited:
Is your reference to the benzel the cover as pictured above?
Correct. And correct again that it won't matter, I was just using that as a reference to gauge a depth.
I don't think it'll need any adjustments, just changed the depth to 1.6" (40.6mm) and it still clears.
hai.png

You guys are great. I've been under the weather the last couple days and you've done all the work already.
I don't have the software and have never tried the CAD design part (been a bit intimidated by it).
Please let me know what information you still need. I'm happy to pay for these. If this works out, maybe we can change the size of the hole to accommodate the old 3.9" touchscreens. I have some of those as well.

Don't really need any info for the 5.9. For the 3.9, would need dimensions but I can't find any info on them.
Just download the zip I posted, both stl's are in there. That's all that's needed to print them.
I would print them for you (just for the cost of the filament) but both of my printers are in storage right now. Just sold my house and renting until this market changes.
But as said, there are plenty of online services to use. You'll just send them the stl.
Also, not sure where you are located but I'm willing to bet you have "shops" that will rent you time to use their printers.
I'm in CT and there's one in New Haven called MakeHaven. Look for similar in your area if you wanna try and learn how to print yourself.
***Warning*** If you do this, you'll be buying a printer very soon! ;)

Ooops I think the scale was off, it was huge. O.K. now 3 hours, 48 minutes.

Let me confirm, what is the EXACT size of the hole you need?

Last edited:
It was drawn in inches so you'll have to convert to mm.
You're probably better off printing it with the actual face down on the bed.

It was drawn in inches so you'll have to convert to mm.
You're probably better off printing it with the actual face down on the bed.
For this particular printer, this is the fastest position. For most others, face down would be best.

But... I am going out of town for a bit, and will be back Thursday. We can continue from there if your interested.

Thanks for your work on this
But... I am going out of town for a bit, and will be back Thursday. We can continue from there if your interested.
Thanks for your work on this. There aren't many people in my area doing 3D printing. The local university has facilities but you have to be tied to the University in some way to use the equipment. I did send out a request and got a raft of questions back that I couldn't answer. Could I buy a couple from you?

Back