EHExpo (aka EHX) - group dinner?

WayneW

The biggest annual US Home Automation show is coming soon. Who is going to be there? Is anybody interested in a group dinner?

I live nearby and would love to meet some folks again. I can also supply local information.

Don't miss out on your free Expo Plus Pass (a $75 value) - register before February 16th for early bird pricing!

http://www.ehxweb.com/

Edit: Feel free to cross post this invitation to other maillists, forums and newsgroups. Lets see if we can get a nice sized group of enthusiasts.

I will be there again this year. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

The group dinner is always a good time, let's do it.

Sounds Good! I missed it last year. I just signed up, and looks like I am gonna get to meet the infamous Martin from AO this time :unsure: I will be watching this post for meeting places, times and all that fun stuff.

I just got back from CES in Vegas a few weeks ago, seems like I am on a roll with the Seminars! hahaha

So THU it is eh? I will be in FL a good part of the week but in Orlando only on THU.

Wayne are you our "organizer"?

I see a small group so far....

So far we have:
Wayne
Steve
Larry
Pete
Opie
Martin
Brandon
JohnWPB
Pete_C

Are Pete & Pete_C the same or different? Which one is from Illinois and has been here before? :)

The preference seems to be Thursday. The expo is open until 6 PM, then there is the mixer event from 6-7 PM (but I cannot tell if there is a band this year).

Unless the list gets much longer, I don't think we need to pre-plan dinner, we can just pick a place Thursday.

The meeting place will be Automated Outlet, booth 241 at 6 PM.

Notable companies not exhibiting this show:
HomeSeer
Simply Automated
Cinemar
SmartHome

Notable companies not exhibiting this show:
SmartHome
I am not surprised Smarthome will not be there. They no-showed CES this year. The pic below is where their booth was "supposed" to be (I'm thinking they just wasted the money they pre-spent to exhibit as they were on the CES Exhibitor listings, and this large empty space was there instead).

Attachments

• smartlabs.jpg
    smartlabs.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 19
Are Pete & Pete_C the same or different? Which one is from Illinois and has been here before? :)

The same. I've been there about last 5 years or so...

Pete_c (Homeseer "pete")

Cinemar had strong consideration to again do EHX, but we are just swamped with development and new products about to hit the street, that we couldn't take the time to prepare and attend the show. It takes weeks of effort.

There is a small possibility that I may go a couple of days to keep in tune with the industry and if so, it would be a hoot to join you all. Still on the fence at this point.

Back