EHExpo (aka EHX) - group dinner?

as an added attraction to a busy week, I offer the possibility of TWO early morning launches:

Tuesday March 11 • Shuttle Endeavour • ISS 1J/A
Launch time: 0631 GMT (2:31 a.m. EDT)
Launch site: LC-39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida
STS-123 will be the 25th U.S. mission to the International Space Station. The flight will deliver the Japanese experiment logistics module to the station for the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency and the Canadian Dextre robotics system. Delayed from Nov. 29, Dec. 8 and Feb. 14.

Thursday March 13 • Delta 2 • GPS 2R-19 (M6)
Launch time: approx. 0615 GMT (2:15 a.m. EDT)
Launch site: SLC-17A, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida
The United Launch Alliance Delta 2 rocket will launch the sixth modernized NAVSTAR Global Positioning System Block 2R military navigation satellite. The launch will be run by the U.S. Air Force. The rocket will fly in the 7925 vehicle configuration.

http://spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

Both are visible from the greater Orlando area or you can drive 45 minutes and see them up close.

as an added attraction to a busy week, I offer the possibility of TWO early morning launches:

Tuesday March 11 • Shuttle Endeavour • ISS 1J/A
Launch time: 0631 GMT (2:31 a.m. EDT)
Launch site: LC-39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida
STS-123 will be the 25th U.S. mission to the International Space Station. The flight will deliver the Japanese experiment logistics module to the station for the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency and the Canadian Dextre robotics system. Delayed from Nov. 29, Dec. 8 and Feb. 14.

Thursday March 13 • Delta 2 • GPS 2R-19 (M6)
Launch time: approx. 0615 GMT (2:15 a.m. EDT)
Launch site: SLC-17A, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida
The United Launch Alliance Delta 2 rocket will launch the sixth modernized NAVSTAR Global Positioning System Block 2R military navigation satellite. The launch will be run by the U.S. Air Force. The rocket will fly in the 7925 vehicle configuration.

http://spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

Both are visible from the greater Orlando area or you can drive 45 minutes and see them up close.

My whole family went down this summer to watch the launch of the Phoenix Mars Lander (my wife works on the program) and got to see a shuttle a few days later as a bonus. Too bad I won't be there until Wed, I'd really like to see a shuttle launch in the dark. Both were amazing to watch, I recommend viewing from Jetty Park I was able to get some pretty good photos from there.

Thanks for posting this Wayne, I didn't even think of checking launches.

Wayne,

Add me (and Mira) to the list for dinner Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show again.

Dave.

The preference seems to be Thursday. The expo is open until 6 PM, then there is the mixer event from 6-7 PM (but I cannot tell if there is a band this year).

Unless the list gets much longer, I don't think we need to pre-plan dinner, we can just pick a place Thursday.

The meeting place will be Automated Outlet, booth 241 at 6 PM.

Notable companies not exhibiting this show:
HomeSeer
Simply Automated
Cinemar
SmartHome

Notable companies new to this coast:
Numinus Architectural Starfields (me :rolleyes:)
This show is VERY $$$... $7,200 for a 10x20, where CEDIA was around $4400 for the same. (I may make the formentioned list next year... )

I am going to the mixer (I have had great meetings at these in Longbeach)... so that may be a conflict?? Otherwise I'm in!

Lisa

And Lisa,
that's just the start of the show cost...
Booth structure, electronices, labor, electricity, Internet, handouts, signage, shipping, hotels, meals, time away from "work", etc. really add up.

Sorry Guys, I am not going to be able to make it :( I have to leave tomorrow on business to Canada. I will be going to THIS SHOW in Toronto instead :rolleyes: Trying to get my CarPC business going, and will have a booth setup. We had a lot of interest at our booth iat CES in Las Vegas. If anyone is from this area, stop by the booth and say hello! Now I have to go digging around the extra closets and see if I even have a winter coat somewhere! There is supposed to be a couple feet of snow on the ground!

Hope you guys have a great time, and hopefully I can go next year.

Better late than never?

Perry here - Would love to see some familiar faces and share stories, but it appears that I'm booked. Looks like I'll only be able to hit the floor Thursday.

Have fun gang. . .perhaps catch ya in the aisles.

So far we have:
Wayne
Steve
Larry
Pete
Opie
Martin
Brandon
Dave & Mira
Lisa?

Still meeting at AutomatedOutlet booth 241 at 6 PM (close of show). I assume we will stop by the mixer for at least a little while, before going to dinner, but don't hold me to that.

I have no idea where will will be eating. With only 10 of us, I figure we can collect ideas during the day and we probably don't need reservations.

Back