EHX 2006 & ELK

rfdesq

I would like to be the first to thank the ELK staff for doing a great job at EHX 2006 in Long Beach. Kirk's presentation this year was much better than last years. They really do care what is mentioned here and it shows in their products. It was nice to play with the new touchscreen and see the arming station.

So why did you not stop by the AO booth - we're just right down the aisle... Yesterday we saw Paul Koslowsky, Dave (Event5), TCIII, and mjpcomp. If you're there again today, stop by... 862

You were at the Elk training as well? I was in there too.... Near the back of the room on the right side (sitting in the aisle seat).

Anyway, turned out to be a very expensive show for me, hehe... Not only with the 4 hour (round-trip) driving, but with the purchase I made with Martin at the AO booth...

But that's another story.

mjpcomp said:
You were at the Elk training as well? I was in there too.... Near the back of the room on the right side (sitting in the aisle seat).

Anyway, turned out to be a very expensive show for me, hehe... Not only with the 4 hour (round-trip) driving, but with the purchase I made with Martin at the AO booth...

But that's another story.
Martin can be evil that way. To make it even worse, he will show you how much you spent at AO in your order history!

Steve said:
So why did you not stop by the AO booth - we're just right down the aisle... Yesterday we saw Paul Koslowsky, Dave (Event5), TCIII, and mjpcomp. If you're there again today, stop by... 862
It's these darn screen names and not real names. I don't know who's who. Unfortunately, I had to go to the BIS (Building Industry Show) in Anaheim today. This is the first year that they were on the same days and I have to do both. I spent some money too.

rfdesq said:
Steve said:
It's these darn screen names and not real names. I don't know who's who. Unfortunately, I had to go to the BIS (Building Industry Show) in Anaheim today. This is the first year that they were on the same days and I have to do both. I spent some money too.
LOL. Let's see, rfdesq - your screen name. At the AO booth we had tough screen names, Automated Outlet (Martin), JimHouston, WayneW and Steve, oh and DavidL at Cinemar? So who has the incognito screen name? Anyway, sorry we did not get to meet you, its always nice putting faces to the names.

Guilty as charged. I did spend quite a bit of time in the ELK booth. It's always fun picking Kirk's brain and shooting the breeze with Trudy and Melissa. ISC in Las Vegas next year?

WayneW said:
So who are you? Maybe we met you and didn't know it?
I was the handsome fellow sitting in the third row on the aisle of the ELK training :eek: . I was the one who answered Kirk's question correctly regarding what happens if you try to sync an ELK M1 with disabled rules. I was in the ELK booth when two gentlemen bought the new wireless ELK device from Australia.

rfdesq said:
I was the handsome fellow sitting in the third row on the aisle of the ELK training
So, what is your REAL name? If you don't put a usable name in your posts, we have no idea who you really are. Did you stop by the AO booth or introduce yourself to anybody? Many of us did not attend the Elk seminar due to other commitments or having already attended.

WayneW said:
So, what is your REAL name?
My real name is Robert. It's in several of Neil's (Virtuosity's) threads. Unfortunately, I didn't stop and chat. I did see the booth :eek: . I had some specific things to do and vendors that I had to visit. Specifically, ELK, PCS, Platinum Tools, and Ideal. I only had the one day because the Building Industry Show, which is usually a couple of weeks apart from EHX, was on the same days. Kirk was able to figure out my screen name based on my knowledge of security systems when talking with him. He admitted he's a lurker here and doesn't post. I promise to take more time next year when some of these big installs I'm doing are finished or at least more manageable.

Small world how we all ended up here. I to was at the Elk Training. I was the dude near the left front, asked kirk couple questions on networking and VPN.
I remember the heavy guy with the laptop ? Sitting in the back. Was that you ?
You didn't make it to the Insteon class though.
Anyway thought the Elk was great. Haven't installed one but planning on it soon ?

theghost said:
I remember the heavy guy with the laptop ? Sitting in the back. Was that you ?
No, it wasn't me. I was to your right and one row ahead of you. I didn't go to the Insteon seminar. I use UPB switches from PCS.

Back