HAI Omnipro phone message problem

bgoldak

Hello, I have an OmniPro II and check every hour for temperature and humidity limits. If a limit is exceed I have the system phone me and tell me so.

Trouble is that after a power failure and re-start, the system sometimes calls me and reports conditions that dont exist, and worse yet, it may call 10-20 times in the middle of the night.

Is there a synchronization problem that occurs at power up? I read the temps from the Omnistat thermostats and humidity from some HAI sensors.

I put a large computer UPS on the Omnipro to reduce this nusiance calling, but it still will happen if the power is out long enough to kill the UPS battery.

Any suggestions?

Is there a way to set a flag and timer at power up so I only consider calling out say, 10 minutes after power up?

Thanks

You could add a flag/timer at power restore and then also use that when you do your temperature and humidity checks.

WHEN AC POWER ON
THEN Flag-Power ON FOR 10 MINUTES

Add additional code line like below to your temperature/humidity checks.
AND IF Flag-Power OFF

This will keep your checks from only being executed when the flag is ON (which would only be the first 10 minutes after the controller startup).

Thanks, I didnt realize that AC POWER ON was a power up event. That should work.

Have you seen this before? I am only assuming the errant phone calls are due to a startup glitch.

Back