HAI Wireless - signal strength indicator? id a bad sensor?

How and where is RSSI logged?

Sorry for asking with the search I landed on page 3 without seeing all the other pages... i'am now loging me RSSI thank you.

I'd like to provide an update because I hate when people don't :)

4 months out and I think it's safe to say that my issues have been resolved - although I don't want to jinx myself again...

I relocated the receiver to a point that is higher, in elevation, than any sensor.
The receiver's manual actually states that this is the preferred setup.

As I stated previously, everything worked fine for a long time. But, something changed.
I'd say it's similar to problems people experience with WiFi.

Hope this helps someone.

This fixed my HAI wireless issues as well.  I moved the receiver wayyy up into the attic, as high as I could get it.  I haven't had a problem with any of my sensors since; a major improvement over a zone trouble every 1.5 days or so.

I'm still getting a lot of RSSI=0 and false alarme, I will try to relocate my receiver tomorrow and see if it does help, since the receiver is a treated as a console, may I connect the receiver to a console instead of the panel? that should give me a chance to mount it hire without making hole in every wall of the house...

fcroisetiere said:
I'm still getting a lot of RSSI=0 and false alarme, I will try to relocate my receiver tomorrow and see if it does help, since the receiver is a treated as a console, may I connect the receiver to a console instead of the panel? that should give me a chance to mount it hire without making hole in every wall of the house...
You didn't say what type of receiver you have.  With a GE receiver, I have never seen a signal strength indicated.  Must be only the HAI receiver provides that. Also a weak signal should cause any false alarms, but you will get supervision alarms.  Also, if you are using GE sensors, there are several good signal repeaters available.  All you do is mount these mid-way between the weak sensors and the receiver and provide them with power. No other connections are required.  I added one of these and have never had supervision error since.

fcroisetiere said:
I'm using HAI, still got RSSI 0 after relocation, only 1 of my 3 sensors is having false Alarme...
Sorry to hear that...

The two changes that seem to help me were the firmware update and the raising (in height) of the receiver.
Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any better advice.

Like I stated earlier, my theory is that this issue is similar to WiFi problems.

Back