Heating turns off when alarm is activated

Slartybartfast

Hello everyone,

With the cold weather arriving in South Australia I've just noticed an oddity with our OmiPro II. If the heating is on when we set the alarm (Away) to leave the house the heating will turn off and the heat and cool setpoints changed to 16.9C and 29.5C respectively. When the alarm is turned off the heat and cold setpoints change to 23C and 25.5C and the heating will turn back on if of course the thermostat is below 23C. I've looked and can see no programming that could account for this (using PC Access).

I'm wondering if there is a "default" energy saving mode that I need to change, but have not tracked it down. The heating/cooling is controlled with a HAI Omnistat2 controller. The system has been working well in the past although I did loose network access late last year and had to restart the system (which fixed that problem) and at the moment I am also getting a battery trouble message with new battery's.

I have an OmniPro II with 2 expansion enclosures, 17A01-2 zone expansion and 19A01-1 relay board.

Has anyone seen this behaviour?

These multiple issue problems are always "fun" to troubleshoot. ...not...

What is the version of software on the OP2? Is it a Firmware chip? , or flashROM?

With 2 expansion enclosures and the main board, you should have at least three (3) batteries. Are they all 12V 7A batteries?
Did you replaces all 3 of them? Have you checked the 'battery-status' on all 3?

I have programmed OP2s to change the thermostat setpoints when AWAY, at a certain time of day or via a BUTTON (Macro). The programming should reflect that. One suggestion would be to double-triple check the programming.

Last edited:
The Omnistat2 can run in a mode where there is a schedule in the Omnistat2 is determined by the alarm mode. Go to the main mode of the thermostat and select "program." There is "morning," "day," "evening," and "night" and they are determined by alarm state. Its pretty simplistic and I don't use it but its there if you want.

The Omnistat2 can run in a mode where there is a schedule in the Omnistat2 is determined by the alarm mode. Go to the main mode of the thermostat and select "program." There is "morning," "day," "evening," and "night" and they are determined by alarm state. Its pretty simplistic and I don't use it but its there if you want.
That was it! Thank you so much

These multiple issue problems are always "fun" to troubleshoot. ...not...

What is the version of software on the OP2? Is it a Firmware chip? , or flashROM?

With 2 expansion enclosures and the main board, you should have at least three (3) batteries. Are they all 12V 7A batteries?
Did you replaces all 3 of them? Have you checked the 'battery-status' on all 3?

I have programmed OP2s to change the thermostat setpoints when AWAY, at a certain time of day or via a BUTTON (Macro). The programming should reflect that. One suggestion would be to double-triple check the programming.
Thanks for the reply. It so much "fun" From PC Access the firmware version is 4.0B. I have 2 battery's installed by the integrator, they are all 12V and I replaced the 2 of them. I did read somewhere in the forum that disconnecting the battery's for a week has solved this so I'm trying that at the moment too. I'll report back.

I completely forgot about the 'programming mode' on that thermostat. I just never used it.
Just controlled the temp settings in programming on the OP2 itself. Plus I can adjust the temps with User Settings via SnapLink.

Back