HomeLink question ... really need your help

electron

Administrator
Staff member
Someone I know owns a relatively new Honda Acura, and used the onboard car garage door opener to open their garage door. I assume this is a Homelink system. The problem is, the car is gone, but the access was never removed from that car. I don't know the garage door opener brand (I think it's a Craftsman tho), I know it's an older model (so might not even have support for rolling codes), but is there anyway of making it so that car can no longer control the door?

Someone I know owns a relatively new Honda Acura, and used the onboard car garage door opener to open their garage door. I assume this is a Homelink system. The problem is, the car is gone, but the access was never removed from that car. I don't know the garage door opener brand (I think it's a Craftsman tho), I know it's an older model (so might not even have support for rolling codes), but is there anyway of making it so that car can no longer control the door?

Many garage door openers have a code that can be changed by dip switches or jumpers. You might check the manual or the opener. You might get lucky.

Dan,

I used to have a Craftsman opener that had a bank of dip switches right on the opener itself that had to be coded the same as the remotes - it had about 8 or 10 dip switches and the remotes had the same.

If I remember correctly there was a yellow button on the base station that had to pushed to reset all the codesas well.

Good luck

Neil

Back