• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

KP2 and Prox Sensor

Mike

Well I just added an elk external prox sensor to a Kp2 installation. It is pretty cool. I think this was noted when it was first announced, but a prox-sensor friendly recessed back plate would be ideal.

I got it in but I did need to make some modifications to the box. The sensor wound up being horizontal on the top half of the box, and the wiring down below. I had to cut off some of the mounting holes.

The other thing I noticed was that the cards seem to have a larger range than the fob.

Spanky

The antenna is larger on the cards than the keyfob, therefore some more read range. Range is a function of reader size, power output, and card antenna size. Size does matter!

The ELK Prox Reader happens to fit behind the recessed mount KP2 by chance not design. A prox designed backbox would be nicer.

Mike

Thank you. Both items make sense.

I must admit I must have armed/disarmed the system over a dozen times playing with it last night.