Now Playing 2007 Girder5 Alpha Testing

jwilson56

Wow I need to take some time to update my showcase. For now please take time to look over this thread.

Now Playing has been completely rewritten and integrated with G5 in Netremote 2.

Also see this thread on Promixis http://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16567

PS Besides still recovering from my back surgery I also have a brother dying of cancer so I am not sure how much time I can devote to answering questions right now. But I will try and help.

Now onto the original thread:

Well I am officially retired so I now have time to start playing around with my new project. I will attempt to convert Now Playing over to use Girder 5 and Netremote 2.

I will post screenshots and tidbits of information in this thread.

Please keep this thread on topic (no mention of other applications, ect). Some of this is as new to me as to anyone.. so bear with me.

First screenshot is of the new Girder 5 Device manager for X10. I entered my 15 X10 light switch devices in a few minutes and so far the status polling seems to work well. I will keep you posted

JohnView attachment 979

Attachments

• x10_cm.jpg
    x10_cm.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 136
Here is the screen for adding/editing the devices.

John

Attachments

• x10_dm_edit_add.jpg
    x10_dm_edit_add.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 56
In G5 there is a built in webserver. The Lighting devices are automatically populated and are controllable. The status monitoring for local switching seems to work fine.

John

Attachments

• dm_web.jpg
    dm_web.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 51
Here is a screen shot for my Now Playing 2007 skin I am working on. Of coarse its subject to change..hehehe...

The small weather box is coming from Girder5 and the Caller ID is coming from Homeseer (for the time being).

This one is the main screen for Mediabridge.

JohnView attachment 1027

Attachments

• NowPlaying_2007_Main.jpg
    NowPlaying_2007_Main.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 103
One more screen for today. This is the equalizer popup.

Attachments

• Nowplaying_2007_EQ.jpg
    Nowplaying_2007_EQ.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 56
Here is the Que/Playlist Creator

John

Attachments

• Nowplaying_2007_Playlist_Edit.jpg
    Nowplaying_2007_Playlist_Edit.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 51
Here is my Zone Selector

Also as of today Now Playing is working totally with G5 (Homeseer is offline).

John

Attachments

• Nowplaying_2007_Zone_Selector.jpg
    Nowplaying_2007_Zone_Selector.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 66
Someone asked about scheduling events in G5 so I took some snapshots of the new Scheduler. I really like the way it is designed. Its very flexible and you can have one schedule saved that actually is a number of times, days, ect within the same schedule. These 'schedule tasks' can then be used as 'events' that can them fire off a macro event so again its very flexible. Its very easy to use.

John

here you add and name the schedule

Attachments

• scheduler_1.jpg
    scheduler_1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 75
Each schedule can actually consist of a number of actual times and frequencies.

Attachments

• scheduler_3.jpg
    scheduler_3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 37
Ok drag a Device Manager/Lighting over to your GML like this and select the device and what you want it to do. Once side note on this is that you can create retriggerable functions. For instance I have motion sensors via the W800 setup as events that turn on lights and have the DM setup to automatically turn them off after 15 minutes. With the "Only if NO interval changes" option lets it retrigger and restart the timer so that as long as someone is walking around the light stays on and will only go off after the movement stops.

Attachments

• scheduler_3a.jpg
    scheduler_3a.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 55
Now just add an event under the light action and then choose to use the schedule you saved. Thats it

Attachments

• scheduler_4.jpg
    scheduler_4.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 37
Well I have most functions migrated to G5. Here is the GML tree that I have so far.

John

Attachments

• GML_for_NP2007.jpg
    GML_for_NP2007.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 69
A new playing now screen with a new background

John

Attachments

• playing_around_9.jpg
    playing_around_9.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 61
A new playing now screen done with a blueish background