NQ Link - Android App for OmniPro II

View attachment NQLink Help.pdfView attachment NQLink Help.pdfMy NQLink pro has been working flawlessly for over 5 years until last evening. Seems like my app has been hijacked. See attached screenshots. As soon as I open the app I immediately get the unwanted adds with no way out as of this point. I tried disabling any other apps that I thought might be responsible with no luck.

As such I lost all remote control of my OmniLink II. Everything else on my Samsung SM-G935W seems unaffected.

LQtechvn, I could use you help and suggestions. :wacko:

DO NOT UPDATE THIS APP. The developer pushed an update that only said "Bug Fixes" but what he actually did is misleadingly forced the app to stop working unless you pay a monthly description. This is by far the most dishonest thing a seller can do especially without warning its customers and also since charging a fee for the app. Absolutely unacceptable. I emailed him twice and no reply. A few have already posted negative feedback on his app reviews page. Such a shame, he did good work until he scammed his paying customers without warning

Thanks Anthony A, I did click on the "Subscribe" as it appeared to be linked to the adds. I guess it is too late for me as the update must have automatically happened.

Now I see ransom subscription. I am so disappointed in you TQtechvn for the ransom your imposed on your customers like me that paid for your NQLink pro without warning. The app was far better than the Leviton SnapLink app that never worked well, as Anthony A. put it - SUCH A SHAME.

Based on the aggravated customers response, maybe he will change his mind and get us back up and running.

If we do not hear back from him on this blog in a couple days I will follow the lead and also post negative feedback so other paying customers don't get held for ransom after purchasing the app, 

Anthony A and CFW:   just came across this tonight.   I don't use this software but are you both stating:

LQtchvn 

Provided software that a user paid for...then posted an update...to fix bugs...them made it a mandatory subscription base that forces a user to pay a monthly fee in order for the software to work correctly...all without telling or stating this up front in any form of a user agreement upon downloading the update?

I had been watching this thread and had been checking the version on my phone.  Just started to see the same behavior tonight and I dont think my version recently updated. I supported LQtchvn by paying for the full PRO version before I even had my controller hooked up. It was not cheap as apps go.   I hope there is some mistake here, but this is crooked as crooked gets. 

Like many are starting to mention, shut off auto update for this app. My pixel 4 loaded the new app, and I am also seeing an app that now has ransomware built in for an app I ready paid $40 for. I'm reaching out to friends at Google, this must be against appstore policy.

I emailed NQLink on Sept. 26 after the update and told him that I would report him to Google for not disclosing in the app update that there is now a monthly fee. On Sept. 28 he released a new update. I applied it in hopes that it would roll back the app to working status. Guess what? The only thing this new "update" brought was him disclosing at the bottom of the info page "Monthly maintain fee should apply whenever promote program finish." So there you have it. He updated the app again just to show this "disclosure." I will still report him to Google and advise everyone else to do the same.

LQtchvn is probably following this forum. Unethical doesn't begin to describe what he has done. Google should shut him down. Anyway, Milan188 is brilliant and has a great solution that removes that opening screen forever :)

plasman said:
LQtchvn is probably following this forum. Unethical doesn't begin to describe what he has done. Google should shut him down. Anyway, Milan188 is brilliant and has a great solution that removes that opening screen forever :)

Any chance you could PM it to me? :)

Its great that we have a fix to get around the ransom.
It's not a lot of money BUT its disgracefully way of blind siding and  cheating people that paid for the NQLink Pro.
I would appreciate if I could get a PM with how to get around the ransom. :axe:

Version 4.4.2 crashes at startup. As soon as i enter my code, it force closes. Anyone else having this issue?

And anyone been able to reach the dev through email?

So I just tried the app again (v4.4 - updated 9/28/2020) and it looks like the developer has heard the backlash and turned off the opening screen. It's working again.

Not sure of he did it seeing all the feedback? Or the multiple cases that were opened up staying 9t was against google Play policies?

Back