NQ Link - Android App for OmniPro II

firepuppy

I'd like to be the first to applaud LQtechvn for "doing the right thing" here.  Like most folks, I dislike (and avoid whenever I can) subscription model pricing for software, and I agree with most of the thread comments made in the last 2 weeks that what he did (by changing the pricing WITHOUT notification OR the possibility to opt out for existing customers) was HIGHLY unethical to say the least.

Having said that, his reasoning for moving to a subscription model going forward seems justified in light of the 2 things he mentions:
  1. A small (and rapidly diminishing) customer base for his product.
  2. His continuing work on the product to fix bugs and make updates required by OS changes.
I think most folks who've used this app will agree that it's the best UI to the OP2 that we've ever seen.  Even when I'm home and have PC Access loaded up on my laptop, I prefer to use NQLink for non-setup related tasks.
I will probably stay with the current product on my Android tablet, but may start using (and paying for) the new iOS version on my phone if it works as well.

Thanks again for removing the subscription requirement for your loyal NQLink customers.

milan188

Same for me when trying to change brightness of lights. 

Nothing has changed in terms of Android or the app version. 

I hope the developer isnt making the app useless on purpose trying to drive sales to his new app.

bdAZ

Mine started crashing after my Pixel updated to the latest version of Android overnight yesterday. 
I haven't tried temperatures yet, but buttons crash the app for me. 

CFW

After seeing the posts above, I just checked my NQLink 4.4.6 lighting control and its now FUBAR. App does not recognize what lights are on or off. I can turn lights on but not off, and the app keeps crashing. 

bdAZ

I just reinstalled snaplink. It is still working fine. Oh well NQLink was a great app, but i just don't see the value in paying $70/year for access to it. ‍♂️

michae1a1ee

CFW said:
After seeing the posts above, I just checked my NQLink 4.4.6 lighting control and its now FUBAR. App does not recognize what lights are on or off. I can turn lights on but not off, and the app keeps crashing. 

Same situation here.  This 4.4.6 version is crashing for all kinds of functions... going into the Thermostat screen, trying to change the Security mode, etc.  The app is completely useless like this.  We need a means to revert to a previous version rather than Beta testing every change in a production release of the app.

Anthony A.

Mine crashes on startup now. Its not even on the app store anyway. I also see theres an update for NQLink Lite. Im sure that update breaks that version too. Not surprised.

plasman

It is disgraceful that we were 'upgraded' to a version that would break within weeks.

Ha Tien Hung is a great programmer but a very foolish man. He should have simply asked for donations to continue to develop the application. I think we can all understand that this application has a limited user base and the developer has put in tremendous effort. But instead of supporting and involving his base, he has done nothing but infuriate and blackmail his biggest fans.

It is not too late for the developer to distribute the working app for free to prior purchasers and simply ask for donations.

michae1a1ee

The newest version seems to have been released weeks ago. Is this an Android OS that has broken the 4.4.6 version?
Either way, how do we downgrade to an older release? Does someone have the APK file?

getmp3s

Not allowed to simply post it on this forum, but there are archive sites that keep old versions you can download from there. Also, if your phone has any backup features (like Samsung cloud) then you can roll back a specific program to the older version.

CFW

I totally agree with plasman. I understand that the demand for an app for a product that has been terminated is probably next to none. However, there are a lot of HAI OnmiPro II panels still in use. I would be willing to donate to help maintain the app and would not even mind paying a reasonable monthly fee if it was announced before my once fully operational and useful app went south.

Ha Tien Hung, please figure out a way for us to get back to an earlier version on the NQLink before everything blew up, and then let us know how we can help you maintain the app.

michae1a1ee

bdAZ said:
Have you (or anyone) successfully rolled back to an older version from one of these sites?
Not successfully. I tried an old v3.x.x Snaplink II version. Got it installed, but it soon identified itself as a trial and then limited functionality to 8 devices and some other limitations. It does seem to work to change the temperature setting without crashing though so for now I still have it installed. I just want something that works... Not looking for updates and new features, just simple functionality. This old version would have been fine for me if it wasn't crippled after a short time of use. I even like the older UI better than the new 4.x.x one.