Omni LTe and Omnistat Help

beller

I have two Omnistats that seem to work fine but will not communicate with the LTe. I have power cycled stats as well as LTe and reseated stats, to no avail. Any ideas (you may have to dumb down your answer for me. I'm just a homeowner with one of these)?Thank you!!

Hello beller.
Did they ever work for you? Have you verified the Omnistat connections at the OmniLTe? Do you have the Dealer PC Access software?
Do you have an external temp sensor? if so is the external temp displayed on the tstat?

Hello!
Did they ever work for you? Yes! Worked great for a few years. I have a feeling lightning may be involved.

Have you verified the Omnistat connections at the OmniLTe? Physically, yes, they appear to be connected as they initially were. In fact, I've even switched pairs on the Cat6 cable, which is what I used for these.

Do you have the Dealer PC Access software? I do indeed. The Snaplink app seems to be communicating PCA as I can make changes in the app and see those in PCA.

Do you have an external temp sensor? I do not. I'd love to add one at some point.

My guess is it's gotta be the board but I'm not knowledge enough on circuit board repair or even troubleshooting but I'll happily take any/all advice.

Thanks!

Have you compared the tstat address to the address assigned in Dealer Access? when you go to the tstat screen in dealer access, what do you see?
Do you see any info from the tstats? It could be the board but some more troubleshooting before assuming that.

Yes, I believe there are 4 total, right? Yes, currently, they're 1 and 2 but I have moved them around to 3 and 4.

Does the time on the tstat match the LTe time on the console?
when you go to the tstat status screen in dealer access, what do you see?

No, time does not match. I'm having to update time manually on each one.

In PCA, I see both of them in the status screen, named as I've named them (see screenshot). When I change settings in PCA, the Snaplink and Pyro apps will update and vice versa so I know they're talking to each other. Just not the stats themselves. tempImageOhyDCH.png

Since the time does not update there is no communication from the Omni to the tstat. Since the current value is "0" there is no communication from the tstat to the omni. I would be surprised if both tstats are broken with the same faults. Can you take a picture of the connections at the Omni? Zone 16 and output 8.. Time to look for broken wires. Have you tried only hooking up one tstat at a time? To eliminate any assumptions... When you change the address in PCA do you also change the address on the tstat?

They're wired as suggested in the manual on page 19;
Omni Zone 16+ to tstat Comm Yellow
Omni Ground (between Outputs 7 & 8) to tstat Comm Black
Omni Output 8 to tstat Comm Green

This is how they were initially wired when they were communicating with the Omni. Then one day, they stopped communicating to Omni but still worked with HVAC.

No broken wires but, just in case, I tried switching to other wires I had available with no luck.

I'm digging through install manual and I'm not seeing how to change address in PCA (I thought I knew how to do this but it's been at least 18 months since my last attempt to troubleshoot these, at which point I gave up). I know how to change on the stat itself. I'm convinced it's a simple setting somewhere I'm missing. I hope it's not something wrong with Output 8 and/or Zone 16 cuz I'd be clueless on how to fix that.

You change the address for the tstats in PCA. Your screenshot above shows them set at address 1 and 2.
In PCA go to setup - thermostats. The far right column is Protocol Address.
Line 1 shows address 1, Line 2 shows address 2. If you change the tstat address to 3 you need to select line 3 in setup-thermostats. It will then show Omnistat 3 in the right column. You then need to send that update to the Omni so it knows there is a thermostat on address 3. You must keep this set up info in sync with the actual tstat addresses.

I just stumbled upon something in Help>Contents>PC Access>Setup>Thermostats>Areas. What the heck are Areas? Does the LTe have more than 1? If so, wonder if these stats got moved to another one? I have no where to edit 'Areas' so I'm baffled by this too.

I just stumbled upon something in Help>Contents>PC Access>Setup>Thermostats>Areas. What the heck are Areas? Does the LTe have more than 1? If so, wonder if these stats got moved to another one? I have no where to edit 'Areas' so I'm baffled by this too.
Areas is a way to divide the zones up. If your home has a caretaker room over the garage, you may want the caretaker to disarm his room while the house remains armed. If its a duplex, you can have the one Omni support the duplex with the residents able to arm/disarm their area separately.
The Omni defaults all zones and devices to area 1.
In PC Access go to Setup Areas to see how many areas you have created.

That's just it, the word Area doesn't exist under Setup. I see it under Status/Control when I connect. And there's only 1. I see Area 1 on the mobile app. It'd be great to be able to rename that but I'd rather get tstats connected first.

I just checked some HAI cut sheets and they are not very helpful on areas. So, I opened a new OmniLTe in PC Access. No Area option like you said so there is only 1. I opened an Omni2e and it supports 2 areas. The OmniPro II supports 8 areas.

Back