OmniLinkBridge to integrate Home Assistant, SmartThings, Node-RED

Forgive the inconvenience, I have been using OmniLinkBridge on HA for a long time and I am very satisfied but just on the occasion of the recent release of version 1.1.14.1 I had a malfunction during the upgrade phase; this is the message received: "pull access denied for homeassistant / aarch64-base-debain, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied" Someone kindly give me some advice? thanks M

This has been resolved. I had a typo in the aarch64 base image docker name. My Hass.io install that I use for testing is amd64 so I hadn't noticed. In Home Assistant you might have to go to the Add-on Store, click the three dots in the upper right, and select Check for updates. If it doesn't work, let me know and I will bump the version number.

In the past I had kept the Hass.io add-on Dockerfile the same and just changed the OmniLinkBridge version. The base image I was using was discontinued so I had to switch over to the homeassistant/ARCH-base-debain:buster images. This ensures the base image is up to date for security patches, etc. I run OmniLinkBridge in docker outside of Home Assistant. The Home Assistant add-on is tested on a Hass.io VM.

This has been resolved. I had a typo in the aarch64 base image docker name. My Hass.io install that I use for testing is amd64 so I hadn't noticed. In Home Assistant you might have to go to the Add-on Store, click the three dots in the upper right, and select Check for updates. If it doesn't work, let me know and I will bump the version number.
Thanks, done, everything works fine, very well! M.

sigh, I have to get my head around this again. Unfortunately I had a a system crash and lost the ssd connected to my HASS install on a Pi4. I do have snapshots but they will not restore for some reason. I have done a clean install of the latest version of home assistant and managed to restore the OmniLinkBridge add-on. Home assistant looks quite a bit different to me from the last time I installed it. I do have a separate Pi4 running mqtt and the OmniLinkBridge add-on brought back the configuration so it seems its connecting ok to the mqtt as I can see the updates in the OmniLinkBridge logs of the devices from my Omni Pro II. What I can't seem to see when I try to build a card is a way to list/connect to each entity. I've racked my brain trying to remember the setup but it's not coming back to me. If one of you guys can refresh this old guys brain it will hopefully jog something and get me on the right track.

Thanks
CB

Just add an Entities card and add your Omni Devices ....zones, units, et al.

You can build an alarm keypad now and a nice thermostat view.

Here have Homeseer 4 and Home Assistant running on the same computer.

Hey Pete.

I still have all my cards from my snapshot from before but all Entities are listed as unavailable (see screencap). Further, none of the entities are showing up under Settings > Devices and Services > Entities. I'm not sure why they're not being brought into the database. I can see the communication in the OmniLink Bridge so they are being read by the mqtt (see screencap). entities.jpglogs.jpg

So I went through that process this morning. I also uninstalled and reinstalled OmniLink Bridge and did it's configuration from scratch. Still no entities showing up. It's like it is not bringing them into the database. The hidden entities are just various iphone and Pi entities - no OmniLink entities. Also strange how there is an OmniLink Bridge Update entity:

entity_screen.jpg

I must be missing something. I did a fresh HASS install, installed OmniLink Bridge and didn't bother bringing over any of my backup files. Configured OmniLink Bridge and it connects to the MQTT server fine and logfiles show it's seeing everything. However no entities show up.

confused! wish I have done a write up when I initially worked this out.

edit: I'm closer. I hadn't installed an MQTT client on Home Assistant. Now I see all the devices but they are all listed as unavailable. Tried rebuilding OmniLink Bridge but that hasn't fixed it.

Last edited:
The HA Mosquitto broker needs to be running. Test by installing MQTT Explorer on another computer on your home network. The OmniLinkBridge is an MQTT client. You should see your OmniPro talking when running MQTT Explorer.

Good news!!!
Well its the broker cuz the plugin is already talking MQTT. Check out MQTT explorer. You can see your MQTT traffic live there.

Appreciate the help Pete. Took this old brain of mine a while to plug back into the setup. I would like to understand the structure more, however. The plugin (OmniLink) talks to my MQTT server (broker). But an MQTT client is also needed to view the MQTT server (broker). So MQTT client provides the view to Home Assistant and OmniLink Bridge provides the control?

You can put the Mosquitto broker anywhere. I always just ran it on an Ubuntu server. I also manually built my HA box in Linux on Ubuntu. Now having issues with that set up so moving HA to a VM on the new box. I went to using a Lenova M900 with 32Gb of RAM here for the small footprint. New box OS is running on Ubuntu 22.04 and

1 - Homeseer 4 in Linux / Mono
2 - Mosquitto broker on base OS
3 - Home Assistant on a VM (virtual box) which makes it nicely portable.
4 - Windows server on another VM for just running 6 instances of speaker dot exe with 6 different voice fonts.
5 - CumulusMX and Davis Weather station using Davis console and MeteoHub / Meteostick
6 - Monocam reverse proxy for Alexa Show devices. (kind of slow). I have no real dependencies on Alexa devices even though I have back up to the internet.

Still using mostly UPB switches connected to the OmniPro 2 panel. Testing Wireless Tasmota switches now in house 2 and Ring Alarm (using API).

Just upgraded two Ruckus WAPs here. Best WAP I have ever used. Started originally with Ubiquiti WAPs here. Ruckus is more of a commercial WAP versus a residential WAP.

I’ll have to read about the waps. I’m in the market to replace my current setup (Ubiquiti) as it’s just not covering the house appropriately.

Back