OmniPro II - Sudden failure

madas

Hello all,

My OmniPro II all of a sudden failed at 2.30am this morning.  The control panels were beeping and showing "NO CONTROLLER DATA" and I lost access to the unit on the network.  Powered on/off (removed battery) but the status light appears not to light either.  I looked around and others seemed to have this problem but i did not see a solution.  I have a few questions

1. Has anyone seem this issue and recovered from it? if so what did you try?

2. I noticed a few people saying that Leviton still has some sort of RMA process for these boards.  Does anyone know what they charge and what the best way is to start the process?

3. Has anyone just replaced their panel with an ELK when it fails?

4. If I just buy a replacement board on ebay can I overwrite the installer code/encryption keys (I already have the Dealer Access software) or do I need to get the code/keys from the seller?

Thank you

M

While waiting for an RMA I managed to find another board but cannot program it without the MASTER CODE.  Looking back at threads i saw this was a common problem - did anyone ever figure out how to reset the MASTER CODE so you can program the thing through a serial cable?

As far as I know there is no reset for the master code.  You have to RMA that board for Leviton to reset it.

Thanks.

I have another board i managed to get working.  While putting it through its paces i tripped one of the alarms (Freeze sensor) and it buzzed for about 5 seconds and then it seemed that the panel was rebooting over and over every 2-3 seconds.

Any idea what this might be?

No sirens are connected.

Maybe it is a short on one of the outputs.

You could power up the board without anything connected to it and watch it for a bit.  IE: you can remove the terminal strips pulling up on them without un screwing the terminals.

Let me try that now.

I did re-wire all the motions etc so they all feed from one of the 12V aux terminals on the board.  I think previously they were spread across the two.  Do you know i need to spread them out again?

Also - i noticed that if i run it from battery and not the AC supply then it seems to work fine. Very odd?

Add up the Mw of all of the sensors connected to 12VDC.  The manual states that the total load should not exceed 1 Amp.  There is a limit of the load.

It will be the same load as before (i'm reconnecting the same devices i've had on there for a decade)

I removed all of the feeds from the 12V feeds - then i got a puff of smoke and a pop - this is not my day! now i guess i need to RMA that one also

my question was really whether I need to spread the load over the pair of 12v aux outputs or whether i can just use one

You must have shorted or touch one of the 12VDC leads to ground.   Best always to power off and disconnect the battery before doing any of this stuff.

One or two is typically fine.  Here purchased 2 small with LED 12VDC terminals and have those tacked to the side of the media can.  Thinking each has 6 positive and negative connections with an LED lamp.

Pete,

It was powered off - it fizzled and popped after i reapplied power.

Re-checking the wires i don't see any shorts....very very odd.  I'll have to rip everything out and start again.  

Urgh

M

I shorted the second OmniPro2 panel on arrival and testing it on the workbench in the early 2000's when it first came out.

By accident shifted the transformer leads one terminal and the panel went  up in smoke.  I sent it back to HAI at the time and they replaced it.

if the status LED on controller panel is not heart beat blinking. You need contact Leviton to setup repair

I received the board back (the exact same board) with the exact same problem - urgh.

When you guys returned the main boards from the Omni panels did you get the same board back repaired or did they send you a new board?

I still have the same issue where the power light will light but the status light will never light or flash.  Assume nobody has ever found a way out of this particular situation without a physical board fix?

Madas said:
Let me try that now.

I did re-wire all the motions etc so they all feed from one of the 12V aux terminals on the board.  I think previously they were spread across the two.  Do you know i need to spread them out again?

Also - i noticed that if i run it from battery and not the AC supply then it seems to work fine. Very odd?
Unless they have changed it, the board can't be started on 12v DC from the battery without it receiving AC.  The procedure is to power it with AC, then connect the battery. After that it will remain running with battery only, but it can't be started from battery only.  

your understanding is correct.  But my point was that the system ran find when powered from 12v and not when powered from the 24VAC

Back