PC access on Mac

hurricne

Hello,

I am desiring to run pc access for dealers on my MBP for access to my omnipro II.  It looks like users have had success with VM fusion to do this.  Does anyone know what cabling is required, I am thinking a USB to serial and then attaching a serial to ethernet?

Thanks

Yup any Windows USB to serial converter should work, if you just getting it running. After that you can just connect to it over Wi-Fi assuming the panel is connected to your network.  Bootcamp will work if you buy Windows. VM works, but that is more software to buy.

PC Access works fine under Parallels also. So far, I've not had any problems with connecting USB devices under Windows and having them recognized for cable connections. Though like Ano, I mainly connect to the panel now over the network.

I do exactly this on MBP with Parallels Desktop 10.  Connect to network either via Ethernet or WiFi - use Parallels "bridged" or "shared" network connection and it's just as if you were running on a PC.  All of my account files are in a folder on the MBP (rather than on the virtual windows disk) so they get backed up with Time Machine.

Back