RTI VS. Control 4

Can somebody tell me which control system is more flexable. Thank you

I've not installed Control 4 but know someone who's a salesperson for an integrator that sells Control 4 [along with Crestron, URC and others]. He doesn't spec Control 4 for any of his jobs...In his words, "there are too many "gotchas" with the system overall.

RTI, on the other hand, covers nearly every aspect of an install comprehensively with in-wall and hand-held devices, has an extremely powerful 2-way controller and programming environment and has prewritten and tested 2-way drivers for well-known products by well-known companies [Lutron, Denon, Marantz, Russound, Vantage, iPort, etc.].

For me, there's also the concern that Control 4 was founded by the same guy that brought us the AMX/Panja...Read up on that sometime...

I'd go with RTI.

I've not installed Control 4 but know someone who's a salesperson for an integrator that sells Control 4 [along with Crestron, URC and others]. He doesn't spec Control 4 for any of his jobs...In his words, "there are too many "gotchas" with the system overall.
So what you're saying is that your friend has heard that C4 has too many gotchas.

Can't talk about Control 4 but I have a RTI system XP8 4 x T3V and love it. I have the XP8 talking to the M1 via a serial expander nice tight system that works robustly.

My 2 cents....

Fleetz

So what you're saying is that your friend has heard that C4 has too many gotchas.
Actually, no...That's not what I'm saying. Prior to going to work for his current employer, my friend co-owned a successful integration company that was an early and eager adopter/dealer of C4. He's spec'd it, installed it and serviced it and continues to monitor the state of the product but...Still does not specify C4 for his jobs.

Back