Vizia RF windows application ready for testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay --

I´m back for the holidays. I can report definite, proven, system issues with the RZCOP. Since I have a consolidated (multi-company network), I think I can prove that the ¨flakey¨behavior only happens with leviton devices.

For example:

With RZCOP plugged in: trying to turn off a leviton switch, the lights will dim, then go back to 100%. This happens repeatedly, but not all the time. My non-leviton switches don´t have this problem. Oddly, if I use the RZCOP to directly adjust the lighting (eg: via ELK), it works all the time (from what I can tell)

Anyone try to fight with leviton on whether this bug really exists?

Can anyone make any recommendations on free forum software and maybe wiki software... preferably ASP.NET.

Unfortunately I didn't have any time to work on this project over the holidays except a few hours yesterday.

Currently there are 2 applications (nameless at this point):

1. Windows application that allows for on demand control of the zwave network as well as creating RZC0P groups and exporting data to ElkRP.
Status: Almost ready for release and needs some documentation.

2. Automation Engine (windows service) that supports the RZC0P, time based events and global variable events, and supports 3rd party plugin drivers.
Status: Works as described but needs some cleanup, configuration load ability, and documentation. I plan on adding more drivers over time.

I'd like to set up a web site that I can host the 2 applications on and allow user's to post questions and comments, as well as providing documentation (maybe wiki style).

The software will be available at no cost, however I plan to provide a link for paypal donations to keep the project going.

I'm looking for suggestions on hosting software and application names (I already have a web server and ISP).

Thanks,
Johnny

The only asp.net free ones I've come across are

Forum: http://www.yetanotherforum.net/
Wiki: http://wiki.opengarden.org/Deki_Wiki

Anyone used these?

Johnny,

I just received my RZC0P. I have some Wayne-Dalton dimmers. How can I get your program to try out?

Thanks
George M

Okay --

I´m back for the holidays. I can report definite, proven, system issues with the RZCOP. Since I have a consolidated (multi-company network), I think I can prove that the ¨flakey¨behavior only happens with leviton devices.

For example:

With RZCOP plugged in: trying to turn off a leviton switch, the lights will dim, then go back to 100%. This happens repeatedly, but not all the time. My non-leviton switches don´t have this problem. Oddly, if I use the RZCOP to directly adjust the lighting (eg: via ELK), it works all the time (from what I can tell)

Ya John and i have seen the exact same stuff. It's sporatic as to what circuits it happens on though (sometimes a single hall, sometime my entire bathroom - impacted when local controlled from scene controller). However, i have not had your luck on the elk side. Using the internal webbrowser, i can adjust levels and i'm still overwritten sometimes in similar fashion and the faders will slide back. Johnny and i had some off line conversations and he's gotten that same as well, but i am pretty sure he stated as long as the RZCOP was not plugged into the elk serial expander all was well. He also is adament that when connected to his application, this behavior doesn't occur at all. This is on my next test list to figure out where the issue is (will likely open hyperterminal for the first time in ages).

So far i have just told the mrs to unplug the "thing from the wall" when she gets frustrated which unfortunatey has been often. All my beta-feedback (including this as the major issue) has been sent to elk and Spanky says they're looking into it...

If worse comes to worse, i could put the RZCOP on a relay and turn it on only before elk's rule engine does something to a lighting circuit (hoping timign woldn't be an issue). I sense my remaining memory space disappearing quickly and worse, i lose true two-way cause elk wouldn't know of any lighting changes when the rzcop was powered down which essential would make me wonder if i prematurely sold my M1XZW

Okay --

For example:

Ya John and i have seen the exact same stuff. It's sporatic as to what circuits it happens on though (sometimes a single hall, sometime my entire bathroom - impacted when local controlled from scene controller). However, i have not had your luck on the elk side. Using the internal webbrowser, i can adjust levels and i'm still overwritten sometimes in similar fashion and the faders will slide back. Johnny and i had some off line conversations and he's gotten that same as well, but i am pretty sure he stated as long as the RZCOP was not plugged into the elk serial expander all was well. He also is adament that when connected to his application, this behavior doesn't occur at all. This is on my next test list to figure out where the issue is (will likely open hyperterminal for the first time in ages).

So far i have just told the mrs to unplug the "thing from the wall" when she gets frustrated which unfortunatey has been often. All my beta-feedback (including this as the major issue) has been sent to elk and Spanky says they're looking into it...

If worse comes to worse, i could put the RZCOP on a relay and turn it on only before elk's rule engine does something to a lighting circuit (hoping timign woldn't be an issue). I sense my remaining memory space disappearing quickly and worse, i lose true two-way cause elk wouldn't know of any lighting changes when the rzcop was powered down which essential would make me wonder if i prematurely sold my M1XZW

I've only seen it when connected to the Elk but never when connected to the PC (even when my app was running). Which one are you connected to when you see this behavior?

I've only seen it when connected to the Elk but never when connected to the PC (even when my app was running). Which one are you connected to when you see this behavior?

So far elk only, but next time i'll make sure i disconnect the serial connection and not just power down the RZCOP to make sure?

Politics123?

Questions for the people using the beta M1XSP firmware for interfacing with the Z-wave Vizia RZC0P:
1. What is the ELK-M1's firmware version?
2. Is your ELK-M1 also controlling other lighting devices (X-10, Insteon,UPB, etc.) along with the Z-wave devices?

Regarding the lights turning off then on or vice-versa...As a suggestion, please try setting the "future" option in ELK-RP for the Z-wave lighting devices and download to the M1.
Thanks,

Questions for the people using the beta M1XSP firmware for interfacing with the Z-wave Vizia RZC0P:
1. What is the ELK-M1's firmware version?
2. Is your ELK-M1 also controlling other lighting devices (X-10, Insteon,UPB, etc.) along with the Z-wave devices?

Regarding the lights turning off then on or vice-versa...As a suggestion, please try setting the "future" option in ELK-RP for the Z-wave lighting devices and download to the M1.
Thanks,

Thx for the response Don...

1) Elk FW = 5.0.12
2) Nope
3) changed / uploaded- will let you know...

Still have the same issue with ElkM1 webserver control...

1) I turned light on
2) tried to bring to full with fader.
3) it ramped up stayed that way for a second then fader and dimmer went back to about half on their own.

UPDATE: seems to happen locally to...

My wife turned on a load locally, tried to dim up, it did so, but immediately dimmed down.
Had her keep the RZCOP plugged into the wall but unplug the lead to the M1SXP
Local load worked as desired after that (which seems to confirm Johnny9's theory)

-brad

1) I turned light on
3) it ramped up stayed that way for a second then fader and dimmer went back to about half on their own.

My wife turned on a load locally, tried to dim up, it did so, but immediately dimmed down.
Local load worked as desired after that (which seems to confirm Johnny9's theory)

-brad

I am quite confident that it is the beta Elk firmware. I'm sure when Elk gets the time they will address the issue.

Have any of you tried the beta application with a primary controller that is not a Leviton Vizia RF controller?

I've got the wiki and forums up and running although they still need some configuration and tweaking. These are just for the applications currently in development.

They are currently located at johnnynine.com

The main page is fairly sparse but I've added quite a bit of documentaion on the automation engine. The (TBD) initials just mean that I have not yet decided on final product names.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Johnny

1) I turned light on

-brad

I am quite confident that it is the beta Elk firmware. I'm sure when Elk gets the time they will address the issue.

I haven´t had a chance to unplug the ELK/RZCOP (I´m out of country), but if its an issue with the ELK firmware, it would have to be with handling the events that are generated by the leviton switches. Again, I haven´t had any problems with non-Leviton switches with this behavior, though as I´ve noted separately, they don´t trigger any events, either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back