Wiring closet size

RandyKnight said:
say you took a 20x20 space and carved out an 8x16 lab / equipment room? That would leave 14x20 for the office plus a 4x8 hallway next to it for doors, etc. Racks on casters would make the most sense in that case so they could be back against the wall.
What if you take the 20 X 20 space and partition it as 14 X 20 for the office as you suggest but forget the hall. Just have a door in the corner the goes into the equipment room. In the equipment room have the wall opposite the door be your plywood mounting wall. Have the equipment racks on the wall next to the door (that divides the office from the equipment room) and then you will have the option to have some or all of the racks cut into the wall such that the front of the equipment is flush with the wall on the office side.

Interesting thoughts. A window / glass to view into the lab / racks from the office would look pretty cool.

I'm also figuring out where these rooms will be in relation to the home theater. It would be nice if the room could be accessed from the HT as well to change a DVD, etc.

Good thoughts all!

RandyKnight said:
I'm also figuring out where these rooms will be in relation to the home theater. It would be nice if the room could be accessed from the HT as well to change a DVD, etc.
Wait, I forgot to explain the part about the elevator...

I hate you all.

Here's my "wiring closet". Note the toolboxes on the shelf, and the clorox mops leaning up against the HAPC. The pic is a little old - I just crammed a ZPR68, an aprilaire HVAC, and 2 Polk zamps into there as well.

yes, folks, i have an entire 25"x22" section of the laundry closet for my stuff.

On the upside, I do have 2 20A circuits running to it.
small%20IMG_5859.jpg

I haven't read all of the replies in detail but has anyone mentioned a small desk for a computer or laptop? 6 by 6 would be a little small if this is desired.

Chris

Back