Analog or Hybrid system recommendation (with HAI OmniPro II)

pac1234

Hi - Spent the last couple of days researching and trying to decide on most reasonable approach:
  • Analog system for exterior and interior (Looks like most cost effective, although for interior cameras, I only have the option of using tabletop cameras – do they make analog tabletop? How about using dome cameras inverted?)
  • Hybrid DVR to connect both analog and IP cameras
  • Analog system for exterior and use separate IP camera system in the house. (disadvantage – have 2 unintegrated iPhone apps to use)
What I have:
▪  HAI OmniPro II controller 
▪  Wired ACL lighting and motion sensors
▪  Omni  Consoles 33A00 (no video touchpads )
▪  Russound Music Distribution 

What I want to add:
Outside 
▪  Front door Intercom (Cat5) (Channel Vision DP-002C with TE-111) (was wired for a Holovision - look like interchangeable products?)
▪  1 Front door Camera (Coax) (2way audio) (~50 ft night vision)(Will be using a ceiling camera, instead of a camera in the intercom, so can see larger area of front yard, in addition to person at front door)
▪  2 Back Yard Camera (Coax) (~100 ft night vision)
▪  1 Garage Alley Camera (Coax) (~50 ft night vision)

Inside 
▪   2-3 Main house cameras (table top - coax or cat5) (2way audio)
▪   1 Guest house cameras (ceiling coax or can be table top - coax or cat5) (2way audio)

Interfaces
▪  Mostly view on iPhone, iPad
▪  Web Site option nice but not needed
▪  View on TV also nice (DVR/NVR would be in basement and wiring options to Den are Cat5 or Coax)

How used - See / Speak to whom is at front door  
▪   Intercom (when in house)  - I can pick up any house phone to talk
▪   Camera (when in house) - iPhone with 2 way audio, or view on TV
▪   Camera (when away) - iPhone with 2 way audio, or on Web
▪   This Front door camera would want a bit nicer video and audio since using more often and mostly would want a very good/reliable iPhone app

Security 
▪       View and listen in on house (if HAI calls me on a breach)
▪       These cameras don’t have to be state of the art since not using a lot
▪       although 2 back yards ones would have to reach 100ft at night and might be nice to be able to rotate position from iPhone (lower priority)

Questions
▪       Type and Brands of DVR/NVR systems recommended to accomplish the above?
▪       Cameras Brand/Models recommended?
▪       Can the HAI OmniPro II system and cameras be integrated so motion detection from the camera at the front door can trigger lights to come on? (Or is it simpler to use another HAI motion sensor here to trigger lights?) (Will most wired motion sensors work or does it need to be HAI/Leviton brand?)
▪       The HAI/Leviton DVR and cameras seem overpriced – any advantage to using them?

THANKS!

I have configured a hybrid analog and IP NVR using ZoneMinder (http://zoneminder.com).  You can purchase a similiar off the shelf product.  I do today use both IP and analog cameras with my HAI Panel via the legacy HAI Omnitouch video / touchscreen hub.

I have a mixture of Optex combo analog cameras, generic analog cameras, IP SD and HD cameras online.

For the IP to Analog to HAI Omnitouch Video hub I utilize a Granstream Encoder which takes Grandstream IP cameras and converts them to analog outputs which goes to the Omnitouch Video hub.

do they make analog tabletop? How about using dome cameras inverted?)

Yes and yes.

Questions
▪       Type and Brands of DVR/NVR systems recommended to accomplish the above?
▪       Cameras Brand/Models recommended?
▪       Can the HAI OmniPro II system and cameras be integrated so motion detection from the camera at the front door can trigger lights to come on? (Or is it simpler to use another HAI motion sensor here to trigger lights?) (Will most wired motion sensors work or does it need to be HAI/Leviton brand?)
▪       The HAI/Leviton DVR and cameras seem overpriced – any advantage to using them?

I would start with a budget.  The advantages of utilizing an HAI / Leviton DVR and cameras is that its plug n play.  I utilize my combination Optex outdoor camera sensors in a similiar methodology near all the exterior doors.  You can go with an "al la carte" separate camera and outdoor PIR system that will do the same.  The Optex combo is just convienent for me to utilize.  The Optex combos have the wiring for analog microphone wiring.  I personally never used the Optex analog microphone stuff.  Here I have been slowly migrating to all POE connected HD IP cameras integrating them into my HAI Omni Pro II system.  I like the Optex combo analog cameras (footprint) so much that I am converting these to HD IP / Analog such that these will have two video outputs. The Optex combo cameras retrofit will be utilizing Grandstream IP HD OS stuff.  I am leaning too a bit towards the Grandstream IP cameras because of the built in SIP stuff.

grandstream-gxv3500-ip-video-encoder-public-address-pas-ebay.jpg

Budget is going to be key.

You can choose to roll your own but on my end, I'd rather purchase the hybrid NVR as a unit and negate the need for encoders and other items.

The other way to go is to get IP up the coax and just bite the bullet for an NVR.

Back