Can you 3D print this?

dwalt

Hi All,
I have one of these and wonder how hard it would be to 3D print a few.
The HAI 5.7 touchscreen table mount - 32A12-1. Its on page 36 of the 2007 HAI product catalog. Don't know how easy it is to 3D print a curve like this has.

Attachments

• 32A12-1 HAI stand for touchscreen.Jpg
    32A12-1 HAI stand for touchscreen.Jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 17
I do not have a 3D printer here. Recently had 4 plastic cases printed (RF transceivers) by my son at his company. It was just giving him the 3D design files to print. It would not be difficult but I think you need to get a design done for the printing. There are services out there in Internetlandia that will create a 3d design for you if you provide them with the original tabletop mount.

Easy enough to print but if you want it to be one piece it would need a big printer.
Not sure if you're asking because you're looking to buy a printer or someone to do it for you.
You don't need to print the exact thing also, you can make it whatever you want as long as it holds the screen. Doesn't need to be curved like that.
I print these wallmounts for my fire tablets. They have a removable face, held on by magnets, and the tablets snap into it.
Only limited by your imagination.

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_182257.jpg
    IMG_20200601_182257.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Easy enough to print but if you want it to be one piece it would need a big printer.
Not sure if you're asking because you're looking to buy a printer or someone to do it for you.
You don't need to print the exact thing also, you can make it whatever you want as long as it holds the screen. Doesn't need to be curved like that.
I print these wallmounts for my fire tablets. They have a removable face, held on by magnets, and the tablets snap into it.
Only limited by your imagination.
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for someone to do it. I don't have a printer or the software. Curious what something like this would cost.
I agree it wouldn't need to be curved. Just something to hold the touchscreen so it would sit on a table top.

There's plenty of online services that will do it for you. Not sure of the pricing as I do all my printing myself.
If you want the 3d file, I can make that for you. You'd need to provide lots of pictures with dimensions though.
Unless you want to send me the piece itself, but the pics should do.

I have six 3D printers, and I'd be happy to make one or two for you for free, but it requires a stl or 3mf where someone has designed it. I checked around and couldn't find a design. Unfortunately, my design skills are not very good, so the only way I could create one is by taking an existing design and modifying it. There are lots of table stands for Raspberry Pis, so perhaps that would be possible.
I have lots of filaments to pick from, over 100.
I filament.jpg

Big fan of that galaxy black, creates some stunning results!

So is this just an L bracket with a cutout for a screen? How heavy is this screen?

Big fan of that galaxy black, creates some stunning results!

So is this just an L bracket with a cutout for a screen? How heavy is this screen?
Hmm don't understand. I have two banquet type tables, and filaments are between the bottom shelf and top shelf. I have 3d printers on top, and some in my garage. Some types of plastic make fumes, so they are only printed outside.

Hmm don't understand. I have two banquet type tables, and filaments are between the bottom shelf and top shelf. I have 3d printers on top, and some in my garage. Some types of plastic make fumes, so they are only printed outside.
Sorry, meant to split that quote, was wondering about the specs of that HAI mount.

Here is the size / template needed for the cut out.

You have one table mount. Just measure the outer dimensions and cut out dimensions (use a flexible ruler)

There is a web site ( a few out there on internetlandia) called Tinkercad dot com.

You could just take a piece of rectangular black plexiglass 3/8" thick and cut a hole in it on the top. Cut out would be 5 5/8" (142.875 mm) X 5 1/8" (133.35 mm) or what you have measured above and bend the bottom such that that section is longer than the top section.

Last edited:
I can't imagine you need a hole through it but I've never seen one.
Isn't it just the wallmount screen attached to a tabletop mount?
So it would mount flush like this, no?

Attachments

• hai.png
    hai.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 5
It would need a hole as the touchscreen on top with standoffs and board (s) below. It sits in a protective white plastic shell.

The Omnitouch 5.7 and 5.7e have the same shell.

I have to look at my hot spares here and take a few pictures and post them shortly. The Omnitouch 5.7 and 5.7e are identical in size except that one is serial and the other is Ethernet. Serial one used four wires. RX, TX, Ground and Video. Mine were connected to the HAI touchscreen and video hub. Ideally you would remove the shell and paint it black. HAI used to sell different color covers.

I am still using one Omnitouch 5.7e in wall. It works fine. Base is fine and any modes to it slow it way down. The Omnitouch 5.7 was basic with large graphics that you cannot adjust. The analogue video was better on it than the digital video on the Omnitouch 5.7e.

It would be just taking it apart taking pictures and measurements of the table mount.

Omnitouch57and57e.jpg

Last edited:
So it's basically sandwiched between the tabletop mount?
Like this then?

What's the measurements of the bezel on the front?

Attachments

• hai.png
    hai.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 3
Like this then?
Yes.

Well and @dwalt said:

Assumption from sentence is that @dwalt has a tablemount maybe?

If @dwalt only has the touchscreens then ...

HAI sold the Omnitouch 5.7/5.7e with different colored front benzels and maybe the above table mount came with a black back shell.

Big picture.

Stand.jpg

All of the Omnitouch 5.7e / 5.7's that I have have white back shells. I have only white front bezels here.

More than likely you just use a black faceplate and left the white shell (case) in the back. Kind of ugly though. You would just double stick tape the rear of the touchscreen to the mount and the front benzel would snap in to place.

From one of the links above:
The Table Top Display for the OmniTouch 5.7" Touchscreen is made of durable acrylic and is 7 1/4 W x 6 H x 5 ¾ D.

Guessing the depth is the base where it curves and touches bottom from front to back. Really it is mostly the cut out that matters.

Last edited:

From one of the links above:

Guessing the depth is the base where it curves and touches bottom from front to back. Really it is mostly the cut out that matters.
I meant the bezel on your screen. Can you measure it?
Not too sure about those dimensions, can't see how it's wider than it is high? Especially only 6"?

Back