Daylight Savings Issues

I have to say this is a very odd issue that so many people have issues but they manifest in different ways. I would expect erroneous code to at least be consistenly erroneous.

I have to say this is a very odd issue that so many people have issues but they manifest in different ways. I would expect erroneous code to at least be consistenly erroneous.

Exactly what I was thinking, thats why I asked why so many people are having so different experiences.

I know there are different firmware versions out there, so maybe we can start a poll of people having DST issues and ask them to include the firmware version they are running.

I went back to my M1G last night and Im on *very* old firmware (5.0.12)....since I wasnt checking the time on my system, I know it changed to DST (because its correct right now) but I dont know WHEN it changed to DST. It seems the DST code was already updated before that version, so technically mine might be working as expected but I wasnt there to catch it and check that.

Yeah, I think there are differences in firmware (I am not up to date 4.5.24, XEP 1.3.10) and probably different ways people have it setup, like if they have put in the custom DST settings or not (which I have). And probably different steps people are taking at troubleshooting. I just sync'd with my PC in ElkRP and so far so good.

Just to add more confusion to this issue. My clock changed correctly on Sunday, and on Monday changed again to be an hour behind. However by Wednesday it had corrected itself to be the right time. At no time did I make any change to my system.

I can only assume that the Elk handles stress very poorly and goes into meltdown at the added stress of changing its clock twice a year.

While I like that idea I am going to be a hard ass and say I paid for an M1XEP, it has NTP capability, my M1 clock should NEVER be wrong.... :D

Yup, and I paid good money for an operating system that should never have security issues, home automation software that should never hang up, hardware that should always work, etc... ;)

Though I undestand wanting this to work, I just don't see it as that big of a deal compared to all of the things the Elk M1 does correctly. -_-

Well mine self-corrected overnight. Weird that it would change when it was supposed to, then revert for a few days, then straighten itself back - but at least I didn't have to tinker with it.

A few days after the DST change my panel corrected itself to the correct time. This morning I noticed that it is now 1 hour ahead again. I am not sure if it changed this morning but it happened at least in the past few days. This make it 3 times that it has jumped ahead 1 hour in the last 2 weeks.

This is utterly ridiculous on Elk's part. There is no excuse. Why can my computers, my cell phones, my PVRs, heck even my cheap Panasonic cordless phones switch properly but Elk can not?

Mine jumped ahead one hour one the right sunday, then jumped ahead another hour 2 days ago sunday (3/18).

Firmware: 5.2.08

Back