Daylight Savings Issues

Mine jumped ahead this sunday as well. So now it's jumped ahead 3 sundays in a row. Can't wait to see what happens in November.

Mine is still correct. I am on 4.5.24. All I did was sync the time with my PC through ElkRP...

same problem - time off 1 h - i have firmware 5.2.8 and have the m1xep update at 243am
i manually reste the clock and synced with my PC - all good

THEN

M1xep synced with time-b.nist.gov and i am 1 hr off again

mot sure if its the time server or elk software ?????

i will test and move to central time GMT-6 instead of GMT-5

we'll see...................................

:horse:

It's obvious there are a multitude of problems with Elk's time keeping algorithms. Why it's taken them 3 years to resolve is irrelevant - it's just inexcusable. That said, they have us by the b___s to deal with it and wait for them to release firmware. Hopefully they'll figure it out before congress decides to change things again in the next decade or two.

It is not the time server, the time servers deliver GMT. It is up to the host to convert that to local time.

It's obvious there are a multitude of problems with Elk's time keeping algorithms. Why it's taken them 3 years to resolve is irrelevant - it's just inexcusable. That said, they have us by the b___s to deal with it and wait for them to release firmware. Hopefully they'll figure it out before congress decides to change things again in the next decade or two.

One would hope that Elk would be monitoring these types of threads to gather data from forum members indirectly to help troubleshoot the issue. That is my only reason for the play by play with my home panel.
+1 on the congress comment...

Maybe they are figuring the government will just flip-flop on this issue and set it back to the way it used to be.....making all Elk panels work correctly again? :)

Nov 3rd, 2012 and mine just jumped ahead one full day Actually, it jumped ahead 23 hours. It shows 7:50 AM, Nov 4th when the time/date is currently 8:50 AM, Nov 3rd. How can I have it sync to my PC instead of an NTP server? Does that seem to solve the problem?

Mine lost an hour sometime in the middle of this week. But I guess there is no hope for us with CADDX receivers, since Elk refuses to support us anymore. I am just going to pretend Elk never supported NTP.

I disabled NTP on the Elk and created a scheduled event in CQC to update the time every night on the elk so hopefully that will solve the issue from now on. Thanks to the new Elk DEV driver for CQC.

So far, my time is still correct. But last time it didn't start doing crazy stuff until after dls change occurred. In fact, if memory serves me, Elk was doing things funky for a couple days after the time change.

No clock change. Still on DST. I'm going to leave it alone because I have a feeling in the next day or two it is going to correct itself.

Back