Daylight Savings Issues

Yesterday I updated the firmware to the latest 5.2.10 version abandoning my Caddx wireless unit...Today, it's still 1 hour ahead...

The release notes say that there are fixes for DST in version 5.2.10 (Boot 3.3.6). Is this the version everyone else is having problems with? I am losing track.

I was already updated to 5.2.10. When I got up this morning, all keypads were on the correct time, and as of now, are still correct.

Kevin

I was already updated to 5.2.10. When I got up this morning, all keypads were on the correct time, and as of now, are still correct.

Kevin
Mine always updates fine on the day of the change; it's the following day that it goes screwy! It's annoying, but it resolves itself in a day or two.

Another DST and another ELK screwup. Like Work2Play it is always right on the day of the change but the day after it goes screwy.

ELK this is not a difficult problem to solve, would you PLEASE fix it you should be embarrassed by this bug.

I just checked my Elk RP settings at it appears that I had changed to stop on Saturday (a day early). I believe I did this while screwing around with it last time when it wasn't working but.

However, it still has not switched off of DST. Not on Saturday or Sunday or Monday. On the good side, it hasn't started randomly changing the time this way and that way on seemingly random days after the change which is what it did in the spring. Of course, it's still only Monday.

The time is now correct on my system. Thank you NTP.

I have mine set to check NTP every morning at 3:46. .. but it still is wrong.

Just manually ran the ntp test, it states "updated successfully" but still the clock is wrong.

This is annoying. I suppose if I uncheck the "DST" box that will fix it? But if I do that then of course next spring it will be off.

My experiences:

Originally with f/w 5.2.4: Saturday evening the time appeared to change correctly ('fall back').

Sunday morning, the time reverted back to the DST... I have the NTP update occur at midnight.

Updated f/w to 5.2.10 (I was looking for an excuse to do this...).. I then ran the 'NTP' test and the time was WRONG!! Back to the DST setting. Deferred further investigation.

But, this morning, (after another NTP update??), the time looked to be correct...

------

<soapbox>

It's amazing the amount of time and effort software developers and system users spend ('waste') on the DST issues.... I see this at my company, and I read it on this forum. And it looks as if Elk is still working on the issues.

Maybe the country and world would all be better if we didn't change the time.. Any lobbyists interested in the cause?? It's not only that the time changes, but then congress screws around with the dates of the change....

</soapbox>

What I really don't get is why we don't all have the same problem. I can understand that the logic is screwed up, but having it be screwed up differently for different people running the same firmware is odd. It just doesn't seem that challenging to me. Heck you could even write the DST correction as 2 rules on Elk.

Whenever the time is 2am
and the month is nov
and the day of week is sunday
and the day of month is earlier than 8

Whenever the time is 2am
and the month is mar
and the day of week is sunday
and the day of month is later than 7
and the day of month is earlier than 15

FWIW:

I was using the 5.2.4 firmware. On Sunday it fell back by 1 hour when I connected to a time server just like it is supposed to. Then sometime Monday or Tuesday, the time jumped ahead by 1 hour again. So the clock was incorrectly ahead by one hour.

I just updated firmware to 5.2.10. Then I connected to the time server again, the clock is now correct.

Alex

I am running on 5.2.8. My time got incorrect on March 8 and (off 1 hour) and today got automatically corrected. Can anyone confirm if 5.2.10 has fixed the problem as Elk mention that they have done more fixes in this release

This should never take that long to fix. Maybe Elk is considering making an international request to abandone daylight saving in order for their system to work correctly!

Mine too.  I noticed at least 2 days ago that the Elk time had already gone to DST.  Luckily it didn't decide to change again this morning, thus it is currently correct.

I always look forward to talking with the fellow Elk DST'ers this time of the year. :horse:

I updated my panel abandoning the caddx stuff last DST issue (fall 2012).

Yesterday my time was correct. No DST
Today my time is correct. DST active.

Panel firmware 5.2.10
XEP 1.3.28

As long as it stays stable over the next day or so I'd say it's fixed, for now.

kojack said:
I am running on 5.2.8. My time got incorrect on March 8 and (off 1 hour) and today got automatically corrected. Can anyone confirm if 5.2.10 has fixed the problem as Elk mention that they have done more fixes in this release

This should never take that long to fix. Maybe Elk is considering making an international request to abandone daylight saving in order for their system to work correctly!

Lou Apo said:
Mine too.  I noticed at least 2 days ago that the Elk time had already gone to DST.  Luckily it didn't decide to change again this morning, thus it is currently correct.

I also had the same issue on 5.2.8.

Back